Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Wizard's Edition is processing :D, it launches on Friday in Europe but I'm hoping they'll let mine slip a little earlier. So many positive reviews for this game.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Wizard's Edition is processing :D, it launches on Friday in Europe but I'm hoping they'll let mine slip a little earlier. So many positive reviews for this game.

show off ;-)

Yeah my wizard edition book has shipped now from eBay, so i'm still waiting for both it & the game to arrive.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
You guys are still talking about this old game? :p

It's like sooo last week :D
bunny.png

Last edited:

peskaa

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2008
London, UK
Well, Amazon just delivered my Wizard's Edition :) Must say, the spell book is awesome, and fully translated!

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Only played for 2 hours so far, but this is by far the best intro to a game I've played. I don't even know why - it's not something that hasn't been done before and it overexplains everything. But it's so perfect too.
Ah I'm in love!

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
I can't beat that thing in the mechanic shop. I swear this is the most difficult "easy" setting I've ever played in a while. I want to experience the story, not get frustrated with boss figures.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
So I'm 12 hours in and getting rather annoyed with the game. The party AI is beyond useless, all they do is either a)use up ALL their MP or b) switch away from their familars and attack themselves (ie. Oliver running up and whacking with his wand. The only real option I have is to set tactics "Don't use abilities", though they makes them basically useless. It's infuriating.

All the quests in towns involve mashing the x button, running over to a green dot in the town, mashing the x button to take their "heart" then running back and giving it to the quest giver.

And the game started off with so much audio dialogue which has now turned to next to none.

Still okay, but yeah... the shine wore off pretty quickly.

Lunfai

macrumors 68000
Nov 21, 2010
Sheffield
Typical tease :p

I love this game so badly. Haven't had much time to play it, only around 7 hours in. Just past the volcano section (apart of the demo), and I've been savouring all the dialogue and side quests. :p

What have people decided to capture as their main team?

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
What have people decided to capture as their main team?

I kept the mitey (I can't ever let go of original ones!), and also used my Amazon golden gryphon (he caps out at level 29 but is still fierce even when I got into the 50's), and a little spikey devil guy that I rarely used.

Edit: Man... after you beat the game there's a ton of stuff to do still.

Last edited:

Lunfai

macrumors 68000
Nov 21, 2010
Sheffield
I kept the mitey (I can't ever let go of original ones!), and also used my Amazon golden gryphon (he caps out at level 29 but is still fierce even when I got into the 50's), and a little spikey devil guy that I rarely used.

Edit: Man... after you beat the game there's a ton of stuff to do still.

I missed that dear. The Golden Gryphon must be powerful, just got the cauldron. heh. I'm playing it so slowly.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
How did you beat the first nightmare in the garage? I'm still stuck on it.

I hid under my bedsheets crying "Nightmares aren't real! Nightmares aren't real!"

Honestly I can't recall. It seems a long time ago. I do recall that was one of the first guys to kick my butt a few times. You may try going and doing some other random fights first to level up a bit. If you can't do that, just try counter attacking him as much as possible. Sometimes the best strategy is to be ready to hit him when he's about to attack. That can prevent him from attacking.

Ratatapa

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2011
I hid under my bedsheets crying "Nightmares aren't real! Nightmares aren't real!"

Honestly I can't recall. It seems a long time ago. I do recall that was one of the first guys to kick my butt a few times. You may try going and doing some other random fights first to level up a bit. If you can't do that, just try counter attacking him as much as possible. Sometimes the best strategy is to be ready to hit him when he's about to attack. That can prevent him from attacking.

What you died in this game?

Might need to put the game on easy if you died there

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.