Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnIV

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2011
Just to mention a few:

Things

Drafts

Art Authority

OmniOutliner

Jet Car Stunts

Minecraft

PDF Expert

Karajan Pro

And many more, and I also have probably more than 100 apps that I have barely begun testing.

Uofmtiger

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2010
Memphis
Zinio - for magazine subscriptions
MOG/SiriusXM - music (paid subscription)
Slingplayer - live streaming of Directv via Slingbox at home
Directv - limited when compared to Slingplayer, but it is still pretty useful
Flipboard
Nightstand - clock
Rowmote Pro - used to control a mac mini that I have hooked to a TV
Splashtop2
The Weather Channel
Kindle
Downcast - podcasts
Remote - great for controlling music or AppleTVs
Denon app - great for controlling my Denon receiver
Eyefi app - great for transferring photos from my camera
Snapseed - quick editing of photos
Netflix/Amazon Prime - movies
Airfoil Touch Speakers - turns iPad into Airplay receiver

This is the "short" list, but I have a lot more apps that get used frequently.

Donia330i

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2013
Need for speed most wanted is an awesome game and is only .99 right now. Real racing 2 is also great.

On my iPad mini I have:

My top 3 apps are:
1.- Tweetbot (for me the best twitter client out there)
2.- Pulse News (I can check all blogs and similar stuff at a glance)
3.- Evernote

Other apps I use

Daily use:
Facebook, google +, linkedin, getglue, app store, iStudiez Pro, Pages, Penultimate, Blackboard and Living Earth

Reading, news:
iBooks, BBC News, CNN, Flipboard, toucharcade, imdb, news stand, 3x local news apps + local cinema app.

Games:
Max Payne, Mass Effect Infiltrator, Bastion, Infinity Blade 2, NFS Most Wanted, F1 2011, Asphalt 7, Real Racing 2, Repulze, FIFA 13, ARC Squadron, GPP, Galaxy on Fire 2 HD, Walking Mars, Rayman Run, Zombie GS, Walking Dead, Dead Space, Gesundheit! HD, Anomaly Korea, GBWG, Downfall, Boost 2, Into The Dead, Reckless racing 2, Mutant Mudds, God of Blades, Edge EX, Jetpack Joyride, Naught, Angry Birds Rio & Star Wars, Temple Run2, Plague Inc

Youtube, TED, and World War 2 apps.

About games, most (if not all) of them were either free or .99. This TouchArcade app is fantastical (is from the same developers as macrumors) because it keeps a track of when apps are free or at sale. As you can see most of my games are premium and I guess the only game I got at full price was Mass Effect Infiltrator and only because I'm a great fan.

Wow! That's quite a list. All that fits on your mini?

danpass

macrumors 68030
Jun 27, 2009
Glory
FB Twitter Instagram and the like are the opposite of 'must have' lol

PocketCloud
Teamviewer
Foreflight
MyRadar
iPhoto
iMovie
AngryBirds Star Wars
Goodreader
Notepad
Dropbox
Pages
Numbers
Keynote was neat so I've got that too lol
Zinio

Donia330i

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2013
I've got the 32GB version and I don't have music (use streaming via iTunes Match) nor videos.

But I only have 6.4GB left of free space.

Still thats pretty amazing. I thought the games would take up much more space and 6.4 gb left is doing great. I'm going to have to look through your list and check out the sizes.

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
Just a few:

Notability (for me the best note taking app now, I also have DailyNotes which is good but I find Notability better)

Tweetbot

Goodreader

Pages

Numbers

JohnIV

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2011
Still thats pretty amazing. I thought the games would take up much more space and 6.4 gb left is doing great. I'm going to have to look through your list and check out the sizes.

I have 32GB and no multimedia files, just apps. It's a constant struggle with space, I currently have like 800MB left, but then I have (big) apps uninstalled that I'm not done with, so I have them noted on a list for future installation.

Unfortunately the list at AppStore with all purchased/downloaded apps is useless for this purpose, because I have downloaded so many (most are uninstalled) that I refuse to even look at that list.

Which brings me to a feature request of mine... I like to be able to tag apps at the store. Then I would have tags for things like potential purchases (down the road) and purchased apps to be installed later. Do you hear that, Apple?

mnasser

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2013

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    600.6 KB · Views: 105

Donia330i

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2013
I have 32GB and no multimedia files, just apps. It's a constant struggle with space, I currently have like 800MB left, but then I have (big) apps uninstalled that I'm not done with, so I have them noted on a list for future installation.

Unfortunately the list at AppStore with all purchased/downloaded apps is useless for this purpose, because I have downloaded so many (most are uninstalled) that I refuse to even look at that list.

Which brings me to a feature request of mine... I like to be able to tag apps at the store. Then I would have tags for things like potential purchases (down the road) and purchased apps to be installed later. Do you hear that, Apple?

So you think you should of gotten the 64 gb?

JohnIV

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2011

Probably, but 32GB would have been fine if app store just had some way to tag or bookmark apps, which is a pretty natural feature anyway (most bittorrent sites has it.)

I've run into the same problem with my 16GB iPhone.

WilliamLondon

macrumors 68000
Dec 8, 2006

Originally I was going to buy the 16GB (mini), but decided last minute to get the 32GB version, and though I love it and it works great, there are some apps that are much bigger than I expected and so I do find myself having to manage apps a bit more than I wanted (not a problem, but not ideal). I plan to upgrade to a mini 2 and I'll definitely upgrade storage at that time.

My top apps list:

Dropbox
Evernote
GoodReader (though I'm very interested in one day checking out iAnnotate and PDF Expert - PDFpen is crap)
Joe Danger (great game!)
Kindle
Wunderlist
lots of other games (when I'm not in GoodReader reading PDFs or in the Kindle app, there are pages of games I have and love on this wonderful device)

new-to-mac

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2012
Here's is what I have ans use mainly:
aside from fb, twitter, linkedin

dropbox
XE currency (I travel a lot so currency converter is always useful)
zite
evernote
downcast - best podcast app
weave and orderly - testing both to see which I like best
foodspotting - great to find restaurants in my vicinity (i travel a lot)
snapspeed
collect (collect a photo per day - i travel a lot so take a picture per day to havea history)
flipboard
av player hd (to watch movies on those long haul flights - did i mention i travel a lot :p)

i actually don't have any games and would like to hear recommendation on those. i've played around with the room which was quite entertaining but any recommendation on action based games would be great

lots of other games (when I'm not in GoodReader reading PDFs or in the Kindle app, there are pages of games I have and love on this wonderful device)

any that you would like to share?

thanks

WilliamLondon

macrumors 68000
Dec 8, 2006
any that you would like to share?

thanks

I have a folder on my home row called Top Games, and in it are these:

Lego Harry Potter (though admittedly I've only played it once)
Joe Danger
Machinarium (great graphics)
Sonic Racing
Aqueduct (great puzzle game)
Interlocked (great 3D puzzle game)
Doors and Rooms (quite difficult)
Tapped Out (because I love the Simpsons)
Super Monkey Ball (for some reason I really enjoy this silly game)

I recently got and have just started playing:

Table Top Racing (quite a fun game so far)
Paper Monsters (supposed to be a bit like Little Big Planet)

Then there are the more obvious great ones:

The Room (when are they going to release more levels for this?!)
Plants vs. Zombies
Cut the Rope (all versions including Pudding Monsters)
Angry Birds (all versions)

My poor PS3 has been idle ever since I got my mini.

Lynx8

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2013
I debated with my friend about "productivity" on iPad. Especially there was point do people can do some real and ordinary kinds of work such as spreadsheets. And we even tested some scenarios and gues what: I can most of the usual things do in Numbers on iPad faster than he on his PC with MS Excel.

Not the most used app on my iPad but definitly my "hero app" which proves that iPad is real computer for work and play: Numbers!!

I think Numbers and Pages on Mac need some improvements etc., but iWork suit for iPad is really exemplary case, how one can do iPad apps to be powerful, beuautiful, better than apps any other computer form factor - even for work!

So I think must have apps are Number, Pages and Keynote if you are in school or need doing presentations for work or something.

My most used app is Skype :D Sorry Apple, but Skype is more convenient for me than FaceTime. On Skype there are my all contacts.

Also use Calcbot a lot, mostly on iPhone but on the iPad also. This is so simple and most beautiful calcultor I ever tried.

22learn

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2013
Hi Members
My name is Angela and I am on the marketing team for 22Learn. We are an award winning educational app development company. We are Famigo approved and have won Parent's Choice Awards. We have gorgeous fun educational apps for toddlers and kids!
From the thread comments I think you guys will love our apps. Here is the itune link for one of our latest apps!
: https://itunes.apple...d576701625?mt=8
LIKE us on Facebook to keep up to date with new developments and the chance to get free promo codes and follow us on Twitter (22learnapps)
We would love for you to be part of our community!
I am a mommy of 2 little girls-My 5 year old loves the Alphabet Aquarium and the Bingo game and my 20month old loves bubble pop so much it was the first 2 words she strung together!
Looking forward to connecting with you all!
Angela

Gala

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2012
Apps that have improved the way I work
Things - Fits my life perfectly. I've tried Omnifocus too but stuck with Things because it seems to fit my flow better
JumpDesktop - Best remote desktop I've used
Penultimate - I don't do much writing note taking on my iPad mini so this is very simple and easy when I need it
Scanner Pro - Using this with the next 5 apps have made my entire workflow paperless & seriously shaved 30-40 min off of documents I need to send out.
Documents
PDF Expert
DocuSign Ink
eFax
1Password - I do billing and insurance verification so I'm constantly logging on to websites that time out

Finance Apps

BillMinder, DebtMinder, Mint - I've looked around for finance apps for a while and finally landed on these and have been very happy with them

Personal Apps

Radio.com - best radio app for my sports talk
Calcbot - best calculator app period
Tweetbot - have tried a few and like this the best
Evernote - use instead of stock Notes app & its able to do so much more
Reeder - I've used Flipboard, Zite, Mr. Reader and I just love the Reeder apps.
Verbs - My Gtalk app of choice. I've used all of them. Verbs looks and feels just like a stock Apple app
Zeebox - I used iTV for a while and then stumbled upon this and deleted iTV immediately
Day One - Not a big journal person but love the idea of it so I grabbed this one to update regularly and love it.

Games
Clash of Clans
All Angry Birds
Bad Piggies
Amazing Alex
Letterpress

Watch TV apps
WatchESPN
Disney Junior
The CW
NBC
ABC Player
Netflix

**As you can see I'm a sucker for certain app developers. I'm a huge fan of Readdle, Rovio, Tapbots, Cultured Code, Return7, Evernote Team

Last edited:

Donia330i

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2013
Apps that have improved the way I work
Things - Fits my life perfectly. I've tried Omnifocus too but stuck with Things because it seems to fit my flow better
JumpDesktop - Best remote desktop I've used
Penultimate - I don't do much writing note taking on my iPad mini so this is very simple and easy when I need it
Scanner Pro - Using this with the next 5 apps have made my entire workflow paperless & seriously shaved 30-40 min off of documents I need to send out.
Documents
PDF Expert
DocuSign Ink
eFax
1Password - I do billing and insurance verification so I'm constantly logging on to websites that time out

Finance Apps

BillMinder, DebtMinder, Mint - I've looked around for finance apps for a while and finally landed on these and have been very happy with them

Personal Apps

Radio.com - best radio app for my sports talk
Calcbot - best calculator app period
Tweetbot - have tried a few and like this the best
Evernote - use instead of stock Notes app & its able to do so much more
Reeder - I've used Flipboard, Zite, Mr. Reader and I just love the Reeder apps.
Verbs - My Gtalk app of choice. I've used all of them. Verbs looks and feels just like a stock Apple app
Zeebox - I used iTV for a while and then stumbled upon this and deleted iTV immediately
Day One - Not a big journal person but love the idea of it so I grabbed this one to update regularly and love it.

Games
Clash of Clans
All Angry Birds
Bad Piggies
Amazing Alex
Letterpress

Watch TV apps
WatchESPN
Disney Junior
The CW
NBC
ABC Player
Netflix

**As you can see I'm a sucker for certain app developers. I'm a huge fan of Readdle, Rovio, Tapbots, Cultured Code, Return7, Evernote Team

Great list! what size iPad are these on?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.