Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
I am looking for a nice casual RPG or RPGs to play on either Mac or Windows.

Casual in respect of none of this creating weapons, trait line skill building, not saying that these very very in depth RPG are not good, they are good but not for your bit of fun casual RPG gaming. These in depth RPGs you seem to spend more time sorting out character trait building and wondering if you have done it right rather than actually playing the game as such.

So can anybody recommend some good casual type RPGS to play.

No online games thanks.

Last edited:

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Torchlight 1 is a pretty casual RPG and can be had really cheap on steam or similar.

Ah yes Torchlight! If you like Diabloesque games, Torchlight 1 and/or 2 is good.

Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition iPad, maybe coming to Mac soon?

The main problem I'm having with the iPad version is there's no tooltips for spells (last I checked anyway). Also I think this game would probably be a more "advanced" RPG in terms of gear and stats.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Just found Devine Devinity at GOG £3.83 $5.99, has to be worth a go at that price :)

Thanks for the game pointers so far.

MadJens

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2013
Maybe the first Dungeon Siege? Loved that one at the time. Was great fun and feels like you are on a journey like Lord of the Rings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.