Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hayden1250

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
Black.

Got more of a sleek look to it compared to the white. I also feel the black aluminium is a fresh new look compared to the standard silver aluminium on the white model.

mac00l

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2011
Black.

Just because.

Seriously, for those kind of decisions there are no "whys". There might be one or another that state stuff like scratches, etc... But in the end it all falls to personal choice.

susa

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2009
Canada
White and silver. I don't get that there is a reason that the black coatings should be scuffing and chipping. I have many aluminum woodworking tools anodized black. Yes, some stored in fancy foam protected layout sets, but others piled in a toolbox. No chips or even scuffs. It is not as if it is a new process.

RDAR

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2012
I have 3 iPad Mini's in my family. 2 white and 1 black. I like them both, I guess it just depends on your preference. I have the white cause it matches my iPhone 5 & MacBook Pro :D

AlterZgo

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2011
Black looks better, but I went with white because, with the smaller side bezels, it is easier to see when your fingers are on or off the touch screen portion.

Costino1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2012
White because it has a metallic back and chrome bezels.

The black has a rubberized back and attracts lots of fingerprints that are hard to rub off.

foiden

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2008
I like the look of the black one, this time, for the sleek look. Even the back of it is all black unlike the white one with the aluminum colored back. My preference, but the unified color attracted me.

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
White and silver. I don't get that there is a reason that the black coatings should be scuffing and chipping. I have many aluminum woodworking tools anodized black. Yes, some stored in fancy foam protected layout sets, but others piled in a toolbox. No chips or even scuffs. It is not as if it is a new process.

I've had mine a month, looks like it did out of the box. I think people only get chips and scuffs if they treat it poorly.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
black

I don't care for the white/silver combo.... plus IMO the white is distracting when using the mini.....

the black is just sexy!!!!!!

susa

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2009
Canada
I've had mine a month, looks like it did out of the box. I think people only get chips and scuffs if they treat it poorly.

That's nice for you; there was a quite a large number of posts by people complaining about chipping and scuffing or peeling (around the ports esp. I believe) within a week or two despite careful handling, and others who found damage out of the box. I didn't have reason to think they were lying.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
white.
i like the chrome, really reflected chamfer on the edge of the screen. on the black model, this is muted.
also, the fact that the whole ipad is 1 tone - black, seems kind of boring and too plain for me.
I am a fan of the white iphone 5 too. but for the iphone 4s, and the ipad 4, i prefer the dual tone of metallic and black. like the macbook pros too

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.