Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pank9j

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2012
planetbeing ‏@planetbeing

Apple released 6.1.1 for the 4S only today. The JB still works fine. We will release an updated evasi0n that recognizes it as supported.

Wow..:D

i.mac

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2007
I remember when 640kb would run an OS (DOS) including Lotus 123 & Word Perfect.

I guess gone are the days of tight code.

And so are crappy computers with next to no memory and low performance specs...

darkfiber

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Columbus, OH USA
I just installed 6.1.1. on my iPhone 4S. The whole process (from the time I pressed install until the "Enter Passcode" screen appeared when it rebooted for the last time) took around 20 minutes.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
And so are crappy computers with next to no memory and low performance specs...

Compared to today, you may be right.

But I still have yet to see the latest Mac run anything IIe based. With that said, my IIe can still run circles around my Air in a game of Spy Hunter or Choplifter! :D

darkfiber said:
I just installed 6.1.1. on my iPhone 4S. The whole process (from the time I pressed install until the "Enter Passcode" screen appeared when it rebooted for the last time) took around 20 minutes.

If you were jailbroken, this was a bug in evasi0n, not iOS 6.1. A fix for that came out late last week.

BL.

appgeekchic

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2013
NE Iowa
Do I have to "unjailbrealk" to get the update to install? I tried and it said "update failed to download". I'm new to jailbreaking so this is the first update I've tried.

goobot

macrumors 603
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
Do I have to "unjailbrealk" to get the update to install? I tried and it said "update failed to download". I'm new to jailbreaking so this is the first update I've tried.

OTA Updates don't work with jailbreaks, when you update via iTunes, it will delete all Jailbroken stuff, you will have to wait for them to update the jailbreak to work with 6.1.1

Prince Akeem

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2012
34698051.jpg
Safari is snappier one more time

benfro6

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2009

Your sweeping assumption that all software issues and bugs are related to jailbreaking are baseless. People have issues. I jailbroke my AT&T 4S with 6.1, had connection issues. My girlfriend's 4S 6.1 had the same issues. I have also seen a bug with a 5 that was not jailbroken have a dropped signal issue twice in the past week.

Bugs are normal. Computers don't have jailbreaks. They have bugs too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.