Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hyteckit

Jul 29, 2007
Note 1: 5.3" screen
Note 2: 5.5" screen
Note 3: 6.3" screen rumored
Note 4: 7" screen rumored

Galaxy S2: 4.3" screen
Galaxy S3: 4.8" screen
Galaxy S4: 4.99" screen rumored
Galaxy S5: 5.5" screen rumored

aron12

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2013
Excellent post. I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work. Thanks for this very useful

TheNextBigThing

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2012
Pearl of the Orient
Excellent post. I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work. Thanks for this very useful

You're welcome. Thanks for appreciating this post. This post will be continually updated until the official release date of the two anticipated devices. Stay tuned. :)

----------

Note 1: 5.3" screen
Note 2: 5.5" screen
Note 3: 6.3" screen rumored
Note 4: 7" screen rumored

Galaxy S2: 4.3" screen
Galaxy S3: 4.8" screen
Galaxy S4: 4.99" screen rumored
Galaxy S5: 5.5" screen rumored

Thanks for your post. How about the expected release date?

lazard

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2012
new rumor that the S4 will have 5G WiFi (802.11ac). Samsung will use Broadcom's BCM4335 combo chip which provides 802.11ac, bluetooth 4.0, and a FM radio.

mobilebuddha

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
not so hard to believe, thin foldable display so you can still use phone as a phone but open up and you get a 7 inch dual display.

why not? esp considering apple has nothing in display technologies like this.

Really - I tablet sized phone, I'd be hard pressed to believe that

siiip5

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2012
S4 is the big news for 2013.

What I hope to see:
1. Same overall size as last year, but hopefully they dump the physical home button for onscreen virtual AND programmable buttons (much like we already have in AOKP rom's.)
2. 440+ PPI super HD screen technology
3. Octo-core Exynos 5 processor
4. No 16gb models. Start at 32gb, up to 128gb.
5. Key Lime Pie
6. World phone
7. Wireless charging out of the box

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011

What I hope to see:
1. Same overall size as last year, but hopefully they dump the physical home button for onscreen virtual AND programmable buttons (much like we already have in AOKP rom's.)
5. Key Lime Pie
6. World phone

I would say Key Lime Pie has 0% chance of coming with the S4.

And is the octo-core thing for real? It's ready for prime time?

dkersten

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2010

What I hope to see:
5. Key Lime Pie
6. World phone

I'd have to agree with everything except for KeyLime Pie and the Octo-Core. The earliest I think we could see KLP is at Google's I/O for developers which starts May 15th. The S4 should be released in some parts of the world by then and just hitting the shelves in the US. As for the Octo-Core, is it really necessary at this time (is it, I really don't know). Is there any software that could actually utilize more than 4 cores at the moment?

Other than that I'm excited for the screen, storage, and definitely the wireless charging.

lazard

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2012
I'd have to agree with everything except for KeyLime Pie and the Octo-Core. The earliest I think we could see KLP is at Google's I/O for developers which starts May 15th. The S4 should be released in some parts of the world by then and just hitting the shelves in the US. As for the Octo-Core, is it really necessary at this time (is it, I really don't know). Is there any software that could actually utilize more than 4 cores at the moment?

Samsung's Octa chip is based on ARM's big.LITTLE architecture...4 A7 chips and 4 A15 chips. For simple tasks the A7 chips are used while the A15 chips are turned off. Vice versa for games and other intensive apps, the A15 chips are turned on while the A7 chips are turned off. So despite having 8 cores, only 4 are used at any given time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.