Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robert05au

macrumors regular
May 19, 2005
Dubbo, NSW
Is downgrading back to 6.1 here I now have less signal than I did before. I tried making a few calls all dropped out rather quick.

I for one will wait till the next update.

As for vodafone they don't have a great track record here and it maybe just simply a problem on there end and not the phone software.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Clearly this is to get rid of the jailbreak. Good timing Apple, as usual! haha

Umm... WRONG.

If it were, why would it not have been released for ALL versions of the iPhone, and not only the 4S?

Fail.

BL.

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2006
Why would you hope for that? Do you not believe in choice? You believe if you buy a T-Shirt the shop should have the right to say 'You may only wear this on Thursdays'?
Jailbreaks are exploiting security flaws in the device to do what they do. Closing these holes improves the security of the platform.

Choice is also doing just fine, based on the healthy competition I see going on in the smartphone market today. If iOS feels too restrictive in some way, why support the platform by giving money to Apple and then jailbreaking, vs finding an alternative platform that is more open to these types of activities?

kevpan815

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2013
Algonquin, IL U.S.A.
Apple has already told us ADC Members that the Public 6.1.1 is DIFFERENT from our 6.1.1 Beta and that our 6.1.1 Beta is going to be RENAMED something else when the next Developer Build comes out meaning that our 6.1.1 BETA is actually NEWER than the Public 6.1.1, Just FYI.

radioactive

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2006
Wow, snapperier iPhone 5, even though I didn't update the OS. Wow.

Geez guys, really? The fix was for some problem with the Qualcomm baseband. Do you think that effects Safari?

Sausage.Biscuit

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2012
After the update my phone said "No Service" until I reset my settings & then rest my network setting because the former didn't work, everything seems to be working fine now.

Plus after this update I can use Facetime over cellular in my area.

EDIT: Denied. After I toggled it a minute later it changed back and I get the message saying Facetime requires wifi. On at&t btw.

heyjessej

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2013
I'm super disappointed they haven't yet addressed the battery drainage with the 5. I just got one on the 6th and the battery is HORRIBLE. I haven't taken it back yet because I've been reading up on it and it seems like the suspect is iOS 6.1 and others have had issues too. Max I've been able to go on standby is 13 Hrs. Otherwise it's around 7-8 with little usage. And I've done about 3-4 cycles...I've done every tip I've read and nothing. I've seen people on 6.1 with AT&T like me go up to 1 day and 12 hours on standby and 9 hours of usage with 49%...that sounds right. What I'm experiencing isn't. I'm going to exchange it this weekend and hopefully the new device will act right.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just frustrated. My 4's battery was perfect and I expected better with the 5.

TUD

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2008
I have had zero issues with 6.1 on my 4S. It certainly improved my battery life. I did a total restore, installed 6.1, & started it as a new iPhone.

bakerzdosen

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2006
It took me a LOT more than ≈25mb to download this via iTunes.

For starters, it was listed as ≈950mb and then I had to download it twice because I accidentally hit cmd-q in the wrong window (my fault, I know, but it could have at least started where it left off instead of making me start all over again from 0mb)

Fatalbert

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2013
"Safari seems snappier" needs to be an official Internet meme sometime soon (on knowyourmeme.com).

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I'm hoping that the holes have been closed and the iOS 6 jailbreak is now disabled.

You need to do more research.

It is impossible to use the iOS 6 jailbreak to hurt anyone else. The only person who can jailbreak their device running iOS 6 is the owner, using a USB cable connected to a computer. Hell it won't even work if there is a passcode set on the phone.

Don't worry about the jailbreak exploit. Unless you actually want to jailbreak, it does not affect you in any way.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
What do you mean baloney? It's well documented on the Apple Support forums.

----------

I'm super disappointed they haven't yet addressed the battery drainage with the 5. I just got one on the 6th and the battery is HORRIBLE. I haven't taken it back yet because I've been reading up on it and it seems like the suspect is iOS 6.1 and others have had issues too. Max I've been able to go on standby is 13 Hrs. Otherwise it's around 7-8 with little usage. And I've done about 3-4 cycles...I've done every tip I've read and nothing. I've seen people on 6.1 with AT&T like me go up to 1 day and 12 hours on standby and 9 hours of usage with 49%...that sounds right. What I'm experiencing isn't. I'm going to exchange it this weekend and hopefully the new device will act right.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just frustrated. My 4's battery was perfect and I expected better with the 5.
If you're using Exchange disable it. That instantly solved the problem for me. I'm using IMAP till Apple fixes it.

heyjessej

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2013
What do you mean baloney? It's well documented on the Apple Support forums.

----------

If you're using Exchange disable it. That instantly solved the problem for me. I'm using IMAP till Apple fixes it.

Nope, no Exchange for me. Just Gmail. I played around with mail settings too and still nothing. :/

kevpan815

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2013
Algonquin, IL U.S.A.
For the person Complaining about a Huge Battery Drain on the IPhone 5, Here's a Tip: Try turning your Brightness down to -100%! That fixed my Battery Life Problem, and that's even though I am running ADC Build 10B311 right now on my Sprint Apple IPhone 5!

Last edited:

discuit

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2009
Where did you get this news? evasi0n.com doesn't have v1.3 yet. ��

I just used it myself, now running 6.1.1 jailbroken. Try refreshing the page, sometimes you get a cached version from earlier.

evad3rs ‏@evad3rs
evasi0n 1.3 with support for iOS 6.1.1 on iPhone 4S has been released on http://evasi0n.com

Here's my screenshot:

CR061SN.png

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.