Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
I need a beer that's similar to New Castle but better?

Bass Ale.

and this is every bit as good as i'd heard. love it!

old-rasputin-russian-imperial-stout-217x300.jpg

Last edited:

dmrowley

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2010
Dortches, NC
I've been enjoying the Sam Adams seasonals. The current Spring Thaw variety pack is quite good. The Double Agent IPL is sublime.....

Also have 2 gallons of Czech Pilsner brewing in the Mr. Beer kit I got at Christmas. Not getting my hopes up too much, but it will be 2 gallons of BEER!!!

diggfandan

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2008
I picked a case of Budweiser Black Crown yesterday and it's actually pretty good. (didn't have a chance to take a pic of my own)

Attachments

• BBC-bottle-pour.jpg
    BBC-bottle-pour.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 102

dec.

Suspended
Apr 15, 2012
Toronto
Usually I'm not exactly a friend of canned beer, but this is quite good, despite the gimmicky name which probably was supposed to attract goths and metal heads.... (now listening to Mercyful Fate and Velvet Acid Christ)

Attachments

• 666.jpg
    666.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 96

Orange Crane

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2012
Usually I'm not exactly a friend of canned beer, but this is quite good, despite the gimmicky name which probably was supposed to attract goths and metal heads.... (now listening to Mercyful Fate and Velvet Acid Christ)
Velvet acid Christ yeah!
Don't worry, cans being associated with low quality beers is a thing of the past. Some of the best micros end up in cans. Advantages include a better seal, totally opaque, easier to haul in (lighter) as well as pack out (crushable), beats the 'no glass' rule of some venues. And can always be poured into a glass.

joshwest

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2005
I went up to Munster a few weeks back and hit the 3Floyds mother load.

Attachments

• photo copy.JPG
    photo copy.JPG
    524.7 KB · Views: 93

rubirock

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2009
Little Beirut
Couple of CDAs and Hopworks Abominable Winter Ale

Attachments

• IMG_1027.JPG
    IMG_1027.JPG
    689.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1025.JPG
    IMG_1025.JPG
    704 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0875.JPG
    IMG_0875.JPG
    754.1 KB · Views: 87

dmrowley

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2010
Dortches, NC
I bought a six pack of Budweiser Black Crown. It is drinkable, but not good. Only slightly better than their normal fizzy yellow water. Lacking in character, aroma, and quite frankly, taste. It might be good for slugging down after cutting the grass on a hot August day, or to give to a guest who isn't very picky about beer, but if you are wanting to enjoy a flavorful beer that has a unique charm to it, stick to a real craft beer.

My rating: 2 out of 5

Comet5o4

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2012
Asheville NC
Fortunately I live in Beer City USA!!! Personal favorite would have to go to Highlands Gaelic Ale. For those of you who are craft beer lovers, Asheville NC is a must visit location!

Attachments

• gaelic.jpg
    gaelic.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 89

Dctape

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2007
Fortunately I live in Beer City USA!!! Personal favorite would have to go to Highlands Gaelic Ale. For those of you who are craft beer lovers, Asheville NC is a must visit location!

Had some of that last time I was in the Asheville area. REALLY good stuff!

-M

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.