Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacGamerHQ

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Lyon, France
Hey guys,

Has anyone managed to get the xbox 360 wireless controllers to work on Borderlands 2 for Mac? I have the little microsoft wireless adapter, which works ok with most games.

Not on this one however.... Any advices?

Ludacrisvp

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2008
Every thing that I can find about it seems to indicate that wired is the only thing that works, the Play-n-Charge kit will not work, the wireless receiver will not work. However the wireless controller does work in 'the big picture' via the wireless receiver but it just refuses to be seen by BL2.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
From other posts in this forum it appears Aspyr games only support the wired 360 gamepad.

I recommend you email their support see what they say.

Edwin

Lescoob

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2013
Borderlands 2 360 controller

Only the wired controller works. Also all 3rd party drivers must be uninstalled or disabled. I had to delete 360Controller.kext from the /system/library/extentions folder. Then re booted.
Wired 360 controller works fine with BL2 on my 2011 MacBook Pro now.

Aspyr-Blair

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2012
Austin Tx
Only the wired controller works. Also all 3rd party drivers must be uninstalled or disabled. I had to delete 360Controller.kext from the /system/library/extentions folder. Then re booted.
Wired 360 controller works fine with BL2 on my 2011 MacBook Pro now.

All is correct, we only support the wired controller currently for BL2, and its plug-and-play so third party drivers will muck things up. That said, 2013 will see additional controller support for our titles since its starting to become popular on the Mac.

dropdown305

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2013
All is correct, we only support the wired controller currently for BL2, and its plug-and-play so third party drivers will muck things up. That said, 2013 will see additional controller support for our titles since its starting to become popular on the Mac.

Any updates to when you will add the wireless 360 driver?

Aspyr-Blair

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2012
Austin Tx
Any updates to when you will add the wireless 360 driver?

No updates as to when, but its on the list for sure. We've been slammed trying to get cross-platform capability out with the 1.3.1 patch, which I am proud to say, we just released!

That's right folks, as of right now BL2 (Steam version) is cross platform!!!

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
Why are the Steam versions and App Store versions different; is it an Apple restriction on things like Cross Platform?

Valkyre

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2012
Any new developments regarding wireless controller support for the xbox controller? Seriously it can't be THAT complicated...

Come on! ;)

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Any new developments regarding wireless controller support for the xbox controller? Seriously it can't be THAT complicated...

Come on! ;)

Having worked away at over 100 different pads and wheels including wireless Xbox pads myself for Feral games I know from experience sometimes something that looks easy turns out to be a bit more tricky than first thought. :)

Edwin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.