Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rekhyt

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2008
Part of the old MR guard.
I am currently using a US Apple ID for downloading apps from the App Store. Can I use my UK Apple ID and install an app from the UK store for example?

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

temna

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2008
I am currently using a US Apple ID for downloading apps from the App Store. Can I use my UK Apple ID and install an app from the UK store for example?

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, you will only run into issues with media ( Match, Bookstore and iTunes). I switch between my US and Canadian app stores all the time. Course, I'm having all kinds of issues right now talking to Apple about making it easier to switch between accounts.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
You'll have to access to either a credit card or gift cards in the correct currency and I believe they have some weird security thing that you can't switch IDs on your device for like 60 days. Makes using multiple IDs a bit odd unless you have a computer to download everything.

And you might have to do some DNS/VPN tricks as well since they may be blocking by IP as part of their copyright permissions.

AnorexicPig

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2012
Winnipeg,Canada
You'll have to access to either a credit card or gift cards in the correct currency and I believe they have some weird security thing that you can't switch IDs on your device for like 60 days. Makes using multiple IDs a bit odd unless you have a computer to download everything.

And you might have to do some DNS/VPN tricks as well since they may be blocking by IP as part of their copyright permissions.

Wrong,they don't have such 60 days policy,I regularly keep switching between my Indian and Canadian IDs to make purchases which are specific to each countries App store.

You just need to have two IDs with credit cards associated from respective countries.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.