Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Itxdjx

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2010
R.I.
So when I download a song in iTunes and it shows up instantly on my nexus 4, is that just pretend?

Yep your nexus 4 is just an iPhone in disguise! I try to tell people about google music when the being up iTunes and the cloud and the all just deny deny deny.

----------

I believe that is just because you have used it for a long time, if you used android I bet it would be the same thing after a while, Android is unstable, boring, stale and cheap looking. If you get a new phone I would get a Blackberry Z10. It's strong, stable, nice looking and it's high quality. Windows phone is not that bad, but it doesn't have enough apps, plus I don't buy anything microsoft.

Have you even used a Z10 I love how you can make that assumption of BB. The z10 in my eyes is a very cheap looking, your retina has been looking at the retina screen too long :x

chris2k5

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2010
Yep your nexus 4 is just an iPhone in disguise! I try to tell people about google music when the being up iTunes and the cloud and the all just deny deny deny.

----------

Have you even used a Z10 I love how you can make that assumption of BB. The z10 in my eyes is a very cheap looking, your retina has been looking at the retina screen too long :x

Google Music is a mess. Sucks up data and you can't delete songs on the go or add them on the go.

Itxdjx

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2010
R.I.
Google Music is a mess. Sucks up data and you can't delete songs on the go or add them on the go.

It only "sucks up data" if you choose and it really doesn't hog.

Why would you want to delete on the go there on your computer and the cloud so that's point less. And you can't add on the go with apple unless you purchase and you can do that on google music. Sooooooooo.

chris2k5

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2010
It only "sucks up data" if you choose and it really doesn't hog.

Why would you want to delete on the go there on your computer and the cloud so that's point less. And you can't add on the go with apple unless you purchase and you can do that on google music. Sooooooooo.

Exactly my point...It sucks data and not everyone has unlimited data so Google Music is essentially a really stupid idea.

And I let kids play with my phone all the time. What if I want to delete some albums that aren't suitable for them to listen to? Google fail. SOOOOOOOO....

Itxdjx

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2010
R.I.
Exactly my point...It sucks data and not everyone has unlimited data so Google Music is essentially a really stupid idea.

And I let kids play with my phone all the time. What if I want to delete some albums that aren't suitable for them to listen to? Google fail. SOOOOOOOO....

You do know just about everything usese data you know your web browser does too! O wait even Instagram and when you check the weather OMG DATA! it really not the serious plus most times there is wifi it's up to you wether you let it stream or not you don't have too unlike on iPhone. Soo your saying your kids delete anything on your phone that is offensive everytime you give your kids your phone!?!? You do know you can restrict apps right.

Last edited by a moderator:

chris2k5

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2010
You do know just about everything usese data you know your web browser does too! O wait even Instagram and when you check the weather OMG DATA! it really not the serious plus most times there is wifi it's up to you wether you let it stream or not you don't have too unlike on iPhone. Soo your saying your kids delete anything on your phone that is offensive everytime you give your kids your phone!?!? You do know you can restrict apps right.

Clearly you don't know the difference between a webpage and MP3 files. The file size of an average MP3 is 5MB while a page is 1MB at most. Google Music is an epic fail because it sucks up data. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

jvmxtra

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2010
If they come w/ iphone 5s, I am leaving no matter how much they change ios. I will perhaps come back to iphone 7 once they learn their lesson.

iUseBoth

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2013
Hello Floks!

My wife and I had an iPhone 3G and 3GS, before we made the switch to the HTC EVO 4G. Just this past week I decided to get another cell phone strictly for business use. I wanted to separate the two as using my cell phone for business and personal use was a little too much, I wanted to separate them.

My wife currently owns the samsung galaxy s3 and I use the Google Galaxy Nexus.

I decided i wanted a change (like I did when i first left iphone) and purchased the iphone 4S. Did not feel the need for iPhone 5.

1st impressions.....Apple has made great strides from when I had my 3GS. Siri is ok, but no where near what google now is. But I do like Siri's ability to schedule appointments for me in my calendar. I'm glad that Apple has allowed Google Maps and Google Chrome on their phone. I'm glad I'm no longer handcuffed to silly iTunes.

Me being a tech junkie it feels good to have the iphone again! BUT there are still things that irritate me about iPhone!!

Iphone does a great job of making things EASY! and Good looking!, but other than that it's still the same limited OS i was using when i had the 3GS. Android is still innovating with every release and didn't really realize how great Android's notification center is compared to Apple's (although google has been doing it longer, iphone just copied it not too long ago). Android is more flexible, more powerful, and more engaging! Android has TONS of features that Apple really needs to implement into iOS and i have no idea why they haven't done so.

I really wish Apple would make changing settings easier than it is. On Android I can change about 10 different settings with two swipes or 1 click if I have it on a widget. On my Iphone it takes you about 4-5 clicks and scrolling through settings menu just to change a setting. They really need to fix this, it gets annoying and goes against their easy to do or just works model.

Other than that I'm enjoying being back with iOS for business use, but there's no way I'd leave Android for iOS as my personal phone. Android simply does too much to go back to a limited OS.

Last edited:

jvmxtra

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2010
:p:D:D

You're going to switch to a whole different platform, and then back?

I guess we use our phones/computers differently.

Ummm seriously? What apps do you continusely used that you cannot replace?
I don't currently have any apps that I use.. my phone is basically web browsing and email tool.
Only app I cannot replace is air video.. but even that I can do without.

Only thing that I use consistently is email and browser and texting. I am not a kid.

Nautilus007

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
I want to leave but even if they don't impress there isn't anything better... I'm bored but everything else is still not on their level yet. I will be buying a blackberry q10 which I am very excited about!

LapsangSouchong

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2010
the burrows
Ummm seriously? What apps do you continusely used that you cannot replace?
I don't currently have any apps that I use.. my phone is basically web browsing and email tool.
Only app I cannot replace is air video.. but even that I can do without.

Only thing that I use consistently is email and browser and texting. I am not a kid.
I have ZERO interest in making any transition like that, thanks. There would HAVE to be a really really good reason.

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Since I won't be replacing my new phone for another couple of years..apple has plenty of time to do something to 'wow' me..so until then I'm not even bothered.

NewAnger

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2012
Denver Colorado
I've been thinking of buying a SG2 since they are free now on T-Mobile. I just want to have the experience. I have no plans of ever giving up my iPhone, it's perfect for my needs.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
i'm quite sure that all the people complaining about ios and how stale it's become are just the tip of the iceberg of ios users.

Explain to me what is stale about ios, please. If you're someone who wants their smartphone to fart confetti, then go to android. I'm pretty sure some manufacturer there has implemented such features.
Really, i just don't get why you don't get it. A smartphone exists for its usability, not to entertain kids.

hahaha so true

----------

Curious how stable iOS is too android.

Take a screen shot of your diag like this.

And your latest crash screen like this

Then compare to the uptime of your Android device

iPhone has been up 7-8 days without a required reboot. Android 108 days with reboot....maybe you have different results?

I'd like to tell you the last time springboard crashed (the phone) but its to unreliable to provide that data.

hey man you heard the news? JellyBean apps crash more then iOS 6 apps. its true, there was a report on Forbes a few days ago saying that iOS 6 apps are more stable then JellyBean. And that is quite amazing considering a good majority of iOS 6 users are iPhone 4 and 4S and so its quite impressive how apps crash less on iOS 6 with inferior hardware compared to Jellybean phones with dual cores and 2 gigs of ram.

----------

Hello Floks!

My wife and I had an iPhone 3G and 3GS, before we made the switch to the HTC EVO 4G. Just this past week I decided to get another cell phone strictly for business use. I wanted to separate the two as using my cell phone for business and personal use was a little too much, I wanted to separate them.

My wife currently owns the samsung galaxy s3 and I use the Google Galaxy Nexus.

I decided i wanted a change (like I did when i first left iphone) and purchased the iphone 4S. Did not feel the need for iPhone 5.

1st impressions.....Apple has made great strides from when I had my 3GS. Siri is ok, but no where near what google now is. But I do like Siri's ability to schedule appointments for me in my calendar. I'm glad that Apple has allowed Google Maps and Google Chrome on their phone. I'm glad I'm no longer handcuffed to silly iTunes.

Me being a tech junkie it feels good to have the iphone again! BUT there are still things that irritate me about iPhone!!

Iphone does a great job of making things EASY! and Good looking!, but other than that it's still the same limited OS i was using when i had the 3GS. Android is still innovating with every release and didn't really realize how great Android's notification center is compared to Apple's (although google has been doing it longer, iphone just copied it not too long ago). Android is more flexible, more powerful, and more engaging! Android has TONS of features that Apple really needs to implement into iOS and i have no idea why they haven't done so.

I really wish Apple would make changing settings easier than it is. On Android I can change about 10 different settings with two swipes or 1 click if I have it on a widget. On my Iphone it takes you about 4-5 clicks and scrolling through settings menu just to change a setting. They really need to fix this, it gets annoying and goes against their easy to do or just works model.

Other than that I'm enjoying being back with iOS for business use, but there's no way I'd leave Android for iOS as my personal phone. Android simply does too much to go back to a limited OS.

ever consider jailbreaking? there are great tweaks like NCsettings that puts the settings widget bar in your notification center, and it looks extremely neat aswell, i will post a picture of it,

Just easily scroll left and right on the widget bar for all your toggles

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

jvmxtra

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2010
I have ZERO interest in making any transition like that, thanks. There would HAVE to be a really really good reason.

Good for you
I was just stating my case of not wanting 4 inch for my next phone
Why some of you cannot accept the fact that people want multiple iPhones with different size is getting bit silly

If Tim cook actually paid attention to the trend he would have went to multiple screen size last year. Instead we have CEO running around trying to make their wallet happy and piss off loyal customers.
Now when apple does go multiple sizes they look like complete idiot with no direction.

People get over it. Apple iPhone complete superiority days are over. There are as much fan boys for Samsung and they are just as crazy for their product. Which means thoese devices are pretty good. I am sick of apple to sit on their past glory and don't want to work on thier phone for past 3 years.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
I think iOS needs a bit of freshening up as well, but what's really important to me is function. At this point, you simply can't do everything on windows and BB10 as you can on iOS and Android. The apps aren't there and won't be for at least a year. You could go Android, but its getting a bit stale too and good luck finding one that's not made of cheap plastic with more than 16GB of storage. It seems like Google wants to drive up your data overages by forcing you on he cloud.

That'll be no problem - There's plenty that are made out of quality plastic.

mackandproud

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2008
I cannot stand dealing with the apple retail store. They put the sleaziest douchebag used car salesmen to shame.

Having said that, I'm not yet impressed enough with the hardware and software of the samsung/android phones to purchase one just yet.

Those phones do have some amazing features, such as the large screens, but they also offer removable batteries and upgradeable memory.

But right now, the iphone strikes me as offering a considerably more sophisticated and polished user experience.

Hopefully samsung and android can offer more polished hardware and software in the future. At this point, the iphone is just too damn slick for the samsung phones.

The gap's narrowed considerably; it almost reminds me of when hyundai caught up with toyota/nissan/honda just months ago with it's new elantra and sonata.

Apple really needs to do something to regain it's frontrunner status.

LapsangSouchong

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2010
the burrows
Good for you
I was just stating my case of not wanting 4 inch for my next phone
Why some of you cannot accept the fact that people want multiple iPhones with different size is getting bit silly

If Tim cook actually paid attention to the trend he would have went to multiple screen size last year. Instead we have CEO running around trying to make their wallet happy and piss off loyal customers.
Now when apple does go multiple sizes they look like complete idiot with no direction.

People get over it. Apple iPhone complete superiority days are over. There are as much fan boys for Samsung and they are just as crazy for their product. Which means thoese devices are pretty good. I am sick of apple to sit on their past glory and don't want to work on thier phone for past 3 years.
I can get it. As I said, we must use our phones quite differently. I dont care to spend hours looking for apps that do the same thing, setting up 1password, dropbox etc. Just not how I want to spend my time.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.