Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scorpio1973

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2009
Yep. Standard clock app with no dock. I use DND when I go to bed, so none of my other sounds wake me up in the middle of the night.

Drag'nGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2008
I have the iHome dock with a 30pin to lightning connector and the iHome app.

Seahag

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2013
I fall asleep listening to it, with the timer set to turn off after an hour. It's also my alarm clock.

Lunchbox700

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2008
MN
I use the default app, but honestly I usually wake before the alarm anyways. I did try a dock to make it a little more like a traditional clock but the dock didn't work and killed my battery so never got a different one.

davehutch

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2009
Croxley, Herts
Clocks App set to red LED clock.
I use this stand
Mobile-Mate-Aluminum-Stand-Holder-for-iPhoneiPod-Silver_320x320.jpg

dma550

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2009
CT
I don't for the fear of throwing it away when am half sleep and the alarm starts buzzing lol. I use my trusty old Nokia as an alarm clock-tough as a rock :cool:

Lol, will second this one. I am brutal on clocks, they are a symbol of my malcontent with working 8-5.

trustever

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2013
Don't really want to have my phone on next to me when I am sleeping so I use a normal allarm clock while the phone is off in the lounge room charging for the next day use!

ReanimationN

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2011
Australia
Yeah, I do, and you wouldn't believe it, but doing so cost me a tour around the Grand Canyon. I was traveling through the US at the end of 2010/early 2011 and was in Vegas for NYE, which was when the alarm clock glitch hit. We'd been out on NYE, of course, so didn't set an alarm for January 1, but the next day we had a tour booked for the Grand Canyon- we had no idea about the alarm glitch, and it bizarrely affected January the 2nd too. We slept in past the tour bus pickup and missed the tour, which was non-refundable. :( I've since learnt to set a second, separate, alarm for important events.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.