Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

auhagen

macrumors regular
May 30, 2010
Denmark
I do like most people in here.

Clock.app and a song from my playlist. Works okay for my needs. At times I use my iPad instead, but primary I use my phone.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
As the majority already said, I use my iPhone as an alarm. However, I use the Sleep Cycle app for my alarm since it analyzes my sleep patterns at night.

RichP74

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2012
Clock.app's ability to only go off on weekdays is all I need. Never have to shut it off.

I've been using the Marimba sound ever since I got an iPhone, but I might change it to a song just for the hell of it. Since I wake up and go right to the gym, maybe some Iron Maiden. Wife might not enjoy that, though.

jenni122701

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2013
(Western) North Carolina, USA
I use mine as my alarm clock, the problem is that the alarm sound doesn't wake me very well. I tried all the other alarm sound options but they are no good. I wish they had a good, basic alarm clock sound.

slu

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2004
Buffalo
I do. Stock clock app, no dock. But I don't really like it all that much. I never know what time it is when I wake up in the middle of the night. But the harp ringtone makes for a great alarm.

D-Back

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2008
I use an app called nite time its free, minimalist, and has no ads.

1-img_3332.png

macMD

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2005
New York
I did quite often and its something I miss at the moment until I get one again or the iP5S. I use Best Alarm Clock app, it has a nice gradual volume increase instead of the jarring sound my alarm clock makes each morning :|

Moccasin

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2011
Newcastle, UK
Use default app with dock while at home; just the phone when away with work.

Most of the time, my phone is switched to silent so doesn't disturb me until the alarm goes off.

danielceleste

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2012
Yep - I use SleepCycle :)

I can't live without that app! I've tried a few other motion tracking apps, but this is the best one. The movement tracking algorithm could be better, but tapping the phone to snooze and the Intelligent Snooze feature are awesome.

i4Collin

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2011
Maryland
I use the Sleep Cycle app and it works wonders. It monitors your sleep and wakes you up when you are in the lightest phase possible. It also graphs the average amount of sleep you get per night, which days you get the most rest, what the quality of the sleep you are getting is, etc.

quietstormSD

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2010
San Diego, CA
I use the default alarm clock Monday-Friday as a "back-up" alarm clock to my actual home stand alone alarm clock. And my phone alarm clock rings two separate times.

Yeah, I've been burned a couple of times when not waking up to alarms, which is why I have this set up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.