Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dma550

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2009
CT
Appealed it with eBay and filed a claim with my bank. Waiting to hear back.

Good on you. This is making me nervous, I have some higher end stuff to move on ebay.

I recently sold a very special mini cooper (classic) engine on ebay, $9K. I was petrified of chargebacks. So much so that I closed my checking account and opened and linked a new one with a net-bank.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
Forgot to mention, just bringing out more guilt. I got my mother's account closed because it was linked to me. Had 105 feedback. :(

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
Most people think of eBay as a safe place to buy/sell items. ...

...Two years ago, I sold something I wasn't supposed to and they suspended me. I keep making new accounts which they keep limiting....

No, on one of my many accounts there, they decided to reinstate my buying privileges. Didn't turn out true with this account though.

Not really. I saw someone selling intangible items on there so I started doing it. I got caught and suspended.

Do they teach irony in that college of yours?

I like your "I want to invent .... " threads a whole lot more....

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
How was it scamming?

Without seeing the ad, we don't know... so I haven't (and won't) accuse you of scamming. However, breaking the rules at eBay is usually not evidence of innocence.

He deserves to be punished for his transgressions, not to be scammed by someone else.

This I also agree with. No one deserves to be scammed. However, I am finding it hard to work up much sympathy either. If Squilly was scammed, and without seeing all the correspondence I am reserving my judgement on that too, but if he was I would help him resolve the issue.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
Why are you surprised? You're the one who tried to sell intangibles, eh? At least you are up front about it....

Though, perhaps you could just list your eBay usernames - for our own protection.... :)

I'm not a scammer, I wouldn't scam anyone.

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
I'm not a scammer, I wouldn't scam anyone.

We have a difference of opinion regarding the sale of 'intangibles' it seems....

And Squilly.... I'm not trying to give you hard time (not too hard a time). I am enjoying bantering with you. If I actually had a problem with this I would not be participating in this thread at all. For me, this is just banter.... We were all young once, and we have all tried to scam someone or some company. I got a free phone once - though at that time the only choices were wired kind. At the time I though I had "won"...now I realize it was just a scam. Oh well... live and learn.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.