Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iemlegend

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2013
Predictable comments for a predictable company.

Didn't have to. Chose Android right off the bat.

My opinion as well. I'm awesome so nobody else's opinion matters. :D

That's a joke btw. Don't get your Apple panties in a bunch...

Ok so can some one explain why The GUY WHO CHOSE ANDROID FROM THE START IS ON AN APPLE FORUM COMMENTING ON THE APPLE PRODUCTS??

Fatalbert

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2013
Every thing that you want to do, you can do with a droid now. You should switch.

He didn't mention everything he wants it to do. Since Android does a horrible job of syncing with a PC and has an overall crappy interface, there's no chance of me buying it even though I'd seem like the person who would want one. My iPhone has Terminal, Activator, a screen recorder, the 5-icon dock, etc.

Last edited:

Terrin

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2011
It was a great size with previous iPhones of 3.5" screen size.

It's no longer the case for iPhone 5. So you might as well make the screen a lot bigger than the measly 4".

The width is still the same with the iPhone 5. It is the width that is important for one handed use of the phone.

Batavian

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2011
Yep, nobody wants a larger screen on a phone. Just like nobody would want a tablet less than 10". :rolleyes:

PlatinuM195

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2009
I'd say Apple definitely knows what they're doing in terms of screen quality. Just look at Displaymate tests for the iPhone 5 and iPad screens. The accuracy of the display is unrivalled.

In terms of size, it wouldn't hurt to have a couple of choices (one at 5" or so) with the same attention to colour accuracy.

Fatalbert

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2013
  • Widgets: their key appeal on OS X is probably very fast access (one swipe or keypress), we already have one shortcut gesture on the iPhone, the camera on the lock screen. Adding more gestures and allowing us to customise what they are linked to would certainly be nice.

• Am I the only one here who dislikes widgets in Mac OS? Dashboard was only cool for like the first week it was out. It's only useful if you want multiple calculators. Putting widgets in iOS just seems ridiculous.

GuitarDTO

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2011
Every thing that you want to do, you can do with a droid now. You should switch.

Right now the contract is the only thing preventing that. Also, for all the requests for improvement I have, there is no denying that the iPhones physically are beautifully designed and executed. In addition, they are so very responsive. Before my iPhone (I switched with the Verizon 4) I had a motorolla droid, which I liked, but the iPhone is still so responsive in just the simplest things like texting. I was playing with a Note 2 this weekend and for all it's positives, it still didn't have the "feel" of an iPhone. Thats why I want these features to come to an iPhone, because I don't necessarily want to switch, but the sacrifices I feel I'd be making by switching to something else seem to be disappearing almost monthly with the new devices that are coming out.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
No, users like you want a larger screen, for what compensatory purpose I neither know nor care. Users like me want a reliable smartphone phone that fits in our pocket without being the size of a slab. The iPhone 4S was just a shade small; the 5 is fine. It's possible a new version could be a shade larger and still be reasonable. But if they release equipment as absurd as the Galaxy Note, I'm out... and so is anyone else with any need for practicality.

Seems that Apple should build a phone into the iPad Mini. Then everyone who wants a reasonably sized phone can get an iPhone 4 or 5, depending on preferences, and everyone wanting to look like a moron when they are making a phone call can use the iPad Mini and look like an even bigger moron than Samsung Note users.

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
This pretty much just confirms Apple is going to release a 5'' iPhone with "a larger screen but the same/better experience"

Apple marketing gonna be at work.

lol

rmciver

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2013
You are correct, Tim. Experience is everything.....and I want to experience a larger iPhone or I'm likely to switch when I'm due for another upgrade.

EDIT: Wouldn't mind the ability to customize more as well. I have my Macbook Pro very personalized without sacrificing anything the OS has to offer. You couldn't pry that thing from my hands if you tried. Don't feel that way about my phone.

I FULLY AGREE.... i want to see APPLE iPHONE 6 with a larger screen.... if not then I am moving onto something bigger. EVEN THO I am a full fledged APPLE person.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
Am I the only one here who dislikes widgets in Mac OS? Dashboard was only cool for like the first week it was out. It's only useful if you want multiple calculators. Putting widgets in iOS just seems ridiculous.

i use mine every day for notes, world clocks, weather, currency, tv episode guide and iStats

Seems that Apple should build a phone into the iPad Mini. Then everyone who wants a reasonably sized phone can get an iPhone 4 or 5, depending on preferences, and everyone wanting to look like a moron when they are making a phone call can use the iPad Mini and look like an even bigger moron than Samsung Note users.

this would have been true years ago but the iPhone isnt simply a phone. its a smartphone/multimedia device. i cant even remember the last time i actually used my iPhone to make a call

rmciver

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2013
I want a larger iphone 6

Since Iphone 4s.... I have wanted to see APPLE make a larger screen iphone.... big WHOOP on the 5 ... now it's too skinny. I want a full 5 inch screen. I'm really liking the samsung galaxy 3 and I WILL move to Samsung within this yr if APPLE does not produce a larger screen iphone. Yes... I am an APPLE person... but I have no loyalty to any one company.

manu chao

macrumors 604
Jul 30, 2003
Am I the only one here who dislikes widgets in Mac OS? Dashboard was only cool for like the first week it was out. It's only useful if you want multiple calculators. Putting widgets in iOS just seems ridiculous.
Widgets make sense for stuff one needs very, very often, ie, for stuff where not having to do several clicks to access it actually matters.

I use a rain radar, a weather widget, a stock ticker and a sticky with my backup log in Dashboard. I can have a quick glance on the rain radar and be back where I was previously within less than a second. Compare that with a bookmarklet in a browser: (1) switch to browser, (2) open new tab or window, (3) click on the bookmarklet, (4) close tab or window again, (5) switch back to application I was using before. With Dashboard that is two quick presses of F4.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Not to go too far off topic here, but this thread just makes me sad at what's become of this site. When I joined 10 (!!!) years ago, it felt very much like a community of apple enthusiasts and rumor seekers. Ever since the first iphone released, it has been on a steady downhill slide toward the whine-fest/troll-a-palooza of which this thread is such a perfect example. It's sad, really.

WilliamLondon

macrumors 68000
Dec 8, 2006
And many people want a smaller phone.

Me, I'm one of those people. I want smaller and I'll sacrifice a lot of what the iPhone does today in functionality to get it. I like my iPhone 5, I don't love it, but I would love an iPhone nano. I'd hate an iPhone jumbo.

Not to go too far off topic here, but this thread just makes me sad at what's become of this site. When I joined 10 (!!!) years ago, it felt very much like a community of apple enthusiasts and rumor seekers. Ever since the first iphone released, it has been on a steady downhill slide toward the whine-fest/troll-a-palooza of which this thread is such a perfect example. It's sad, really.

Couldn't agree more. It's bad enough people feel free to express their negativity anywhere, but it's worse when people come on here with the express intent of declaring their personal superiority over others for the different decisions they make, or different criteria they have.

Last edited:

CShort

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2011
Windows phone and android will remain relatively the same as well.

Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 are relatively the same than they've always been? Apple could do something more than what they are.

I'm complaining because Apple could simply change 2 basic things to make a huge improvement. Software (add a few more iOS API's to allow more automatic background events), and the phone strength/size. By having only one product they aren't going to keep everyone happy, that's obvious by the arguments over the screen size. Their target market has obviously shifted away from me but I still have to work with them.

tdtran1025

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2011
Phone screen size is almost like breasts. While surveys say bigger men prefer larger ones, gentlemen like the right size. Ok, do not bash me guys!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.