Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mentaluproar

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 25, 2010
Ohio, USA
I used to run balance on my ipod touch, but it was lacking in options.
I tried mint, but hated how it had a death grip on my account and would not stop spamming me.
Pocketmoney is what I settled with, but it also had a few annoying quirks, like automatically deciding every home depot visit was a deposit rather than a withdrawal ever since I returned something.

One thing that has been constant is that none of these apps are location aware. When I enter a business I have been to before to make a purchase, I want the phone to recognize where I am and put that in for me. Is there an app that does this?

gixxerfool

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
I just downloaded checkbook today. I'm not sure if it has what you want as I haven't had a chance to really play with it. I do like that your first 30 transactions are free in order for you to try it for free. After that you have to buy. All the features are unlocked so you can at least see if it does what you want first. If not, no harm no foul.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I used checkbook for a long time but when it wasn't updated fast enough for a major software release (iOS 4), I purchased PocketMoney and have never looked back.

cvsangel

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2013
California
Budget envelopes (blue icon) is what I use. It's amazing. You can set it up however you want and it'll sync across all your iDevices instantly.

The only down part for some (not me) might be is that you don't enter any personal bank info everything is done manually so it's like a digital old school way of balancing a checkbook

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
If you didn't like Mint I'm not gonna tell you to go back to Mint.

I'll just say that I've looked and I'he never come up with anything better for me. So, sorry, but I'm not optimistic for your search.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.