Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RoastingPig

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 23, 2012
SoCal
How many of you guys have ever ordered a mini past or present from them and how was the expierence? Were there any complications or problems with your order. Im very interested in ordering from them because of there discounted prices, free shipping and no Tax. I've never heard of them till about an hour ago so i want some heads up because there prices are amazing.

tom29786

macrumors member
They are a very good, efficient, honest place to do business. They are in the "BIG APPLE", New York City, as sometimes referred to. I purchased a mini from them this year also , but have been buying from them for the past 5 years. They are more known for their cameras.

TOM

SVTmaniac

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2013
I'm a professional photographer and I've spent upwards of $30k at B&H over the last few years. Very honest and reputable business. I wouldn't hesistate to buy anything at all from them.

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
I haven't purchased any Apple "stuff" from them, but I have purchased a lens or two plus other accessories for my DSLR. Top notch. The reviews around here is that they are great to work with (one of their reps even checks in on this forum periodically).

Omnius

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2012
Keep in mind, you may owe your state a "use tax" if you aren't paying sales tax on the purchase.

jcdamascenojr

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2012
Ordered my mini + applecare (50% off :D) + parallels (free! :eek:) last month, couldn't be happier. I'm not aware of any stores that even come close to their prices!

QWERTYMac7

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2012
I bought a mid level new 2011 MM (has the AMD graphics card - no HDMI issues here) from B&H in November.

About one week after the purchase, B&H dropped the price of my MM $50.00 - I asked them to refund the difference and they did happily and quickly.

I look forward to my next purchase from them, they have earned my business.

blesscheese

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Central CA
This is the second time in recent memory this question has been asked in the forums.

If your experience has been the same as mine in searching stuff in the forums, I wouldn't be surprised that you wouldn't find anything...

My experiences with B&H have been excellent and the previous thread echoed that, and it looks like others are also sharing positive experiences.

What you have probably heard of in the past regarding being wary of NYC camera shops is generally true (unfortunately).

However, B&H is a legit operation that has never disappointed me. I've had some small orders from them, and I also ordered a 2010 mini from them (I believe I also ordered AppleCare for may MBA from them). I have always been 100% satisfied with them.

adriang68

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2012
I ordered my Mini, and I've also ordered two Nexus 7 tablets from them. Three orders in total, and all of them were fine, no issues, all as expected.

Would not hesitate to order from them again.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
I ordered on the 4th standard shipping & got the mini on the 6

Fast free shipping & no tax

Plus great discount on AppleCare $52

monokakata

macrumors 68020
May 8, 2008
Ithaca, NY
I'll join the chorus. I've been ordering from them since the mid-90s and never had a problem. They've been just great.

During the post-Sandy hard times in NYC, they put out charging stations on the sidewalk -- and also made certain people knew that their competitors were doing the same. Very classy.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
BH photo is a great place to order macs if you need applecare. that 50% off applecare when buying a mac is huge. ive ordered from them several times and always check their prices now before amazon.

RoastingPig

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 23, 2012
SoCal
Thank You everyone for your replies, you helped me out very much. BHPhotoVideo will be having my business. Im Going for the Stock Quad Core Mini.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.