Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhone to Android

• Yay - Switched (Android) and not gone back (iOS)

Votes: 39 33.3%
  • Nay - Switched (Android) and gone back (iOS)

Votes: 25 21.4%
  • Hmm - Considering switching from iOS to Android

Votes: 15 12.8%
  • Have both an iOS and Android Device

Votes: 38 32.5%

• Total voters

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
I hear about the Samsung Galaxy Mini which is the SGIII but smaller, yet I have never seen one, do they exist? I hear the SG4 is going to 5" if that is true, I am not going there, 4.3 maybe 4.5 is my max then the device just gets too big and I might as well turn an iPad Mini into a Phone

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
I just picked up the Nexus 4 when it went back on sale, and I like it a lot. But there are a couple things that my iPhone 4S just did well as compared to the N4. Especially the camera. I don't use my 4S for much, but its sticking around for the time being.

taedouni

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
California
Don't complain about android if you get a Nexus phone. That phone may be AOSP and gets official support from Google, but they tend to suck due to battery and optimization.

Right now the best Android phone that you can get is the Note 2. Most apps don't support 4.2 so that ruins the Nexus 4. The Note 2 is amazing. Amazing battery life, screen, size, and features.

elefantrider

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2012
California
We just got the new Galaxy and the screen is nowhere near as good compared to apple. That's the first impression. Software will take a while to get used too, not as intuitive as iOS.

amin

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2003
Boston, MA
I switched from iPhone to Android phone and haven't been tempted to switch back. Current phone is a Note II (rooted and running CyanogenMod 10.1, which is a modified form of Android 4.2), and it is by far my favorite phone ever.

The Nexus 7 is also my tablet of choice, although I got the new iPad and a couple iPod Touches for my kids and the iPhone for my wife. I guess two of the poll choices apply to me since I switched to Android phones but still own iOS devices.

NewAnger

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2012
Denver Colorado
I will have both later this week I currently have a 4S and have ordered a Nexus 4. I like the iPhone too much to ever give it up but I've been wanting to try an Android phone over the last month or two and finally ordered one today.

Mikhailov

macrumors regular
May 3, 2010
I switched fronm ip5 to the note 2 and absolutely love the note 2, but still tempted to switch back to iphone. The Note 2 is a great play phone but not a good productive phone in my opinion. Wish I could have both phones but can't afford that.

soulreaver99

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2010
Southern California
Long time iPhone and Android user and live both operating systems. Have the iPhone 5 and switched to the Note 2 because I am mainly disappointed with the pathetic battery life.

I used to carry a MacBook Air, iPad Mini and iPhone everywhere I go. Now I just carry the Note 2 with a spare battery, bring the Air if I have to and the iPad stays at home for reading news and watching movies in bed.

I only keep the iPhone 5 as a backup phone and to review apps but have no real reason to use it since the Note 2s battery life has been nothing less than incredible. Also is hard living without the larger screen, notification lights and the magical back button!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.