Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roytherock123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2013
I need tablet to read book, to study. I have waited it for month, save money. So I care for When Ipad 5's release date. And you ? What do you think when ? March or October ? Who do you believe , Jeremy Horwitz of ILounge or Japanese Engineer Mac kotora and Brian ?

iPusch

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2012
Manhattan, New York
I personally guess they scheduled it to fall, so they can continue to have BIG revenues in the 4th Quarter... Apple loves to outgrow themselves^^

roytherock123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2013
I personally guess they scheduled it to fall, so they can continue to have BIG revenues in the 4th Quarter... Apple loves to outgrow themselves^^

You mean Aplle will launch Ipad 5 in March ? If so, I hope that.

stringent

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2011
London
This year :)

I'm hoping for a March release. But with the 4th Gen and iPad Mini launching in October, who knows now.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Apple already played its hand releasing the 128GB 4 now. The 5th gen won't be announced until Sep/Oct.

roytherock123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2013
Apple already played its hand releasing the 128GB 4 now. The 5th gen won't be announced until Sep/Oct.

OMG. Sad when heard that. But actually I was afraid that before. But Apple can sell both of them. Ipad 4 and 5. October is too late

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
OMG. Sad when heard that. But actually I was afraid that before. But Apple can sell both of them. Ipad 4 and 5. October is too late

Right, but Apple would piss off buyers if it released a 5 a month or two after the 128B 4 shipped. Recall the outrage when it lowered the original iPhone price a month after release or even when the 4 shipped six months after the 3. I just can't see Apple aggravating customers right now when the media is all but ready to magnify the tiniest of missteps.

Also when Apple shipped the 4 in Oct it seemed to be to "reset" the model year launch from spring to fall, similar to how they did it with the iPhone going from June/July to the fall. The addition of the new storage size now seems to confirm this, or they would have saved it for a iPad 5 release in March like the 1, 2, and 3.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I need tablet to read book, to study. I have waited it for month, save money. So I care for When Ipad 5's release date. And you ? What do you think when ? March or October ? Who do you believe , Jeremy Horwitz of ILounge or Japanese Engineer Mac kotora and Brian ?

Don't believe any of them. Or any analysts etc.

If you need the tablet now and what is available now fits your needs then buy it.

Tech is always changing and new things are always coming out. If you worry yourself about the next big thing then you'll never buy anything. What you buy isn't going to stop working just because something new is out there.

If by some chance Apple announces a new model within a week or so of when you get yours they are pretty good about letting you exchange so long as you got it from them directly and it isn't dinged up.

----------

I would have to agree with this. After the fall launch of the ipad 4, this does seem to be sealing the deal that they are less likely to be on a six month schedule. After all if they were and they delayed the 128 GB model cause it would be a huge holiday seller compared to the rest,then why not wait and release it in Mar/Apr as a feature of the ipad 5 lineup.

Apple seems to be moving to all iOS devices in the fall with or shortly after iOS launches. after the flack they got over the delay with the iphone 4s to get it to Fall they went the short cycle route with the iPads.

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2013
I think summer or fall. I don't think we'll see any iOS devices until then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.