Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
David Lynch.

Agree. When I mentioned Willem Dafoe and Dennis Hopper, it was Wild at Heart and Blue Velvet I was thinking at.

dafoeinnylons.jpg

tumblr_lwn5crpZ671qk5d6ao1_500.gif

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
My wife thinks Christopher Walken, Jon Voight, and Steve Buscemi are the creepiest dudes in Hollywood. We both agree that they are great actors, but she says any time she sees one of them it just creeps her out.

If you want some females for the list Anjelica Huston and Glenn Close give me the creeps.

Kevin Spacey can be creepy too depending on the role. Peter Stormare always looks creepy in whatever role he is cast. Cillian Murphy is a creepy dude as well.

dma550

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2009
CT
Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter: "A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti."

Hannibal-Lecter-hannibal-lecter-24822525-320-244.jpg

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
My wife thinks Christopher Walken, Jon Voight, and Steve Buscemi are the creepiest dudes in Hollywood. We both agree that they are great actors, but she says any time she sees one of them it just creeps her out.

If you want some females for the list Anjelica Huston and Glenn Close give me the creeps.

Kevin Spacey can be creepy too depending on the role. Peter Stormare always looks creepy in whatever role he is cast. Cillian Murphy is a creepy dude as well.

Steve scared me silly in Con Air.

He was like Lechter but with no self control, education, or refinement. Too many other movies later had him more as nerdy nice guy so I was OK with him and was able to shake off the nightmares. Those eyes on that bloodless face certainly gave him a cold blooded look. :)

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
[Actors, I mean] I just watched 7 Psychopaths with Christopher Walken and it got me thinking about his body of work. I think he has my vote for the creepiest guy in Hollywood. Thoughts?

I wouldn't call him creepy but Gary Oldman can play a really psycho character.

Btw. I loved 7 psychopaths. Excellent movie.

I just finished the movie, but I have little experience with black humor films.

Which parts are supposed to be funny? The only part I laughed at was when Billy was illustrating his story at night in the desert.

designs216

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2009
Down the rabbit hole
Well, it's violent and not for everyone. One of the biggest things is the way the movie satirizes Hollywood movie cliches.

My favorite funny line from the movie was delivered by Walken in the first 15 minutes. He's visiting his wife and she berates him for not having an honest job "When you gonna get a job that ain't just stealin' from people?" and suggests he get a job with the government. Walken sardonically turns her comment back on her and says "Government. A job that ain't just stealing from people."

Or when offered a drink, Walken declines but says he'll take some Peyote later.

Rockwell had some pretty good lines and situational humor too. Like when the psychotic quaker he supposedly made up was actually Hans and Hans finds out about the character from Marty.

denraepat

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2013
Hands down....Andy Serkis as an character actor
Caeser, Gollum and Kong

Tom Cruise as a character in real life...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.