Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chakraj

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2008
So Cal
Relax dude, I'm not calling you anything. The first part of my post isn't directed at you. I can't help it that MR sews posts together that are less than five minutes apart, and frankly, I'm surprised that you take offense so easily.

I'm just implying that you're a pretty negative fellow. And that has nothing to do with you showing people your thruth.

Sorry, I really am not a negative person.

Since moving to an android phone last year I find a lot of people like to attack me for giving differing opinions. I still have my macbooks and ipad so I still come to MR to see whats going on in apple land.

It did seem as though your statement was directed at me directly. Oh well, live and learn.

Thanks for straightening that out. :D

chambone

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2011
Netherlands

Since moving to an android phone last year I find a lot of people like to attack me for giving differing opinions. I still have my macbooks and ipad so I still come to MR to see whats going on in apple land.

It did seem as though your statement was directed at me directly. Oh well, live and learn.

Having differing opinions is never a bad thing, showing disdain for iPhones and people that like 'em in half of your posts is another story entirely. But maybe I've got the wrong perception.

Anyway, forget my comment. I post things that I shouldn't sometimes.

richiekim

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2011
One of the funniest, and most relatable comics I've ever read

10.png

Or to put it more simply:

PBF020-Skub.gif

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
I recently got a Note 2 to replace my iPhone 5. I was in love with that phone and enjoyed flashing custom roms. That phone was as smooth as butter and amazing. But 30 days later I went back to the iPhone 5. Now I have to sell the Note 2 quickly in order to pay the bill.
Just curious...why you go from a Note 2 to a i5? Screen size was bothering you or ?

Brounmoney

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2012

This is what happens every time. I am using an iPhone 5 and I have said that many times, but I know there are things google and android do better people on here just can't see that. You can even start a post out by saying I just wants some people opinions and you still get people trashing you on here. Things will never change with Apple fanboys.

LostMyiPhone

macrumors 6502
Dec 19, 2012
I know there are things google and android do better people on here just can't see that.

this is my answer to a lot of flack I get for what I own. I'm in the "tech" realm for work and I work for a very large company that is not Apple. I'm sick of seeing people bashing Google or Microsoft or whomever for their phones/tablets/OS's or whatever.

When people tell me "OMG you have an iPhone... don't you work for __________ though?" I kindly reply. "Yes I do. There are some things that __________ does better and some things that Apple/Google/whoever does better. I simply choose the company that provides the best product/service for the application I'm using it for."

It's not rocket surgery...

Brounmoney

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2012
this is my answer to a lot of flack I get for what I own. I'm in the "tech" realm for work and I work for a very large company that is not Apple. I'm sick of seeing people bashing Google or Microsoft or whomever for their phones/tablets/OS's or whatever.

When people tell me "OMG you have an iPhone... don't you work for __________ though?" I kindly reply. "Yes I do. There are some things that __________ does better and some things that Apple/Google/whoever does better. I simply choose the company that provides the best product/service for the application I'm using it for."

It's not rocket surgery...

Yep. That is why I have had 3 android phones before I got back to the iphone 5 again. I really could own both android and apple and switch. They both offer a lot and by no means will Apple be head and shoulders better than android like some people on this forum think. Both are really good and Apple fanboys need to learn to give android credit were credit is due.

Nand

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2011
San Juan
I find this site the complete opposite. Any time anyone on this forum has something negative about Apple or the iPhone they get trashed for it. I have seen some really good post on androidforums.com with people that love android and people that love Apple. I find it hard on macrumors to post a new topic without at least one Apple fanboy to give a smart#%* comment to your post. Just yesterday I just simply ask do we think we could deal with not have our iPhone. I said things had changed and kids have lost some social skills, and some Apple fanboy want to start an argument with me. He wanted facts to prove that kids are losing social skills. I did not right the post in way that would start an argument I just wanted opinions and he could not even handle himself. Just wait until you ask a question that they think is stupid and see what happens.

You are just making my point for me. Was there any need for him to post his first comment? Not at all. We were having a friendly thread before he posted. No one else cared, and knew that I was giving my opinion. He had to post and be a smart#€*, and there was no reason for it. Just like there is no reason for you to back them up.

----------

I know. You should check out my thread about living without a iphone. I said nothing that would bring up an argument and he just made the thread run off the tracks for no reason. It happens on every single thread I see. Someone has to be a jerk. That is what I can not stand about Apple fanboy.

There was another thread about a guy getting denied a warranty claim and not two post in someone was saying Apple did the right thing and we need pic before we believe you. Just people being rude.

This is what happens every time. I am using an iPhone 5 and I have said that many times, but I know there are things google and android do better people on here just can't see that. You can even start a post out by saying I just wants some people opinions and you still get people trashing you on here. Things will never change with Apple fanboys.

And you want a good discussion, start with the "apple fanboy"; doesn't help you with what you want in the discussion.

Last edited:

chakraj

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2008
So Cal
Having differing opinions is never a bad thing, showing disdain for iPhones and people that like 'em in half of your posts is another story entirely. But maybe I've got the wrong perception.

Anyway, forget my comment. I post things that I shouldn't sometimes.

Thanks for taking the time to go through my posts, its nice to know I have a fan.:eek:

since you did I am sure you noticed most of my posts over the five years I have been here i was a super pro apple fanboy, and just because I switched doesnt mean Im anti apple, I am just more objective now. :cool:

Brounmoney

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2012
And you want good discussion, start with the "apple fanboy" doesn't help you with what you want in the discussion.

I don't start my threads that way. I only use that term when I see that the shoe fits. I just can't call anyone that directly because I have gotten warned for it by the mods.

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
So many blind "fandroids" as well.

While there are plenty of rabid "fandroids" I am not sure I would say the blindness part is equal. Most of the Android fanatics that I see, on forums and blogs at least, are well-aware what iOS can and can not do. But the reverse? Not so much. There are countless iOS fans that seem totally oblivious to how things are, at this point in time, in the world of Android. They have this misguided idea that it is a world of malware, viruses, crashes, unbridled complexity, and lag. As someone who just switched to a Nexus 4 and now a Note 2, after using an iPhone from the very beginning, I can say that is just not so. (Well, the complexity part can be true, but that is if you want it to be and like to tinker.)

Michael

nooaah

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
As mentioned before, this forum was very strictly moderated in years past and it's worked to create a more positive overall temperament. I don't think it has much to do with personality types associated with a phone.

chambone

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2011
Netherlands
Thanks for taking the time to go through my posts, its nice to know I have a fan.:eek:

since you did I am sure you noticed most of my posts over the five years I have been here i was a super pro apple fanboy, and just because I switched doesnt mean Im anti apple, I am just more objective now. :cool:

Actually it's the impression I get from you without going through your posts. Sorry if I struck a nerve. And I'm not saying you're anti Apple, I'm saying you're anti iPhone. You're not objective at all, you just pretend to be.

powerwagon

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Let's keep it civil...no reason to go back and forth like this. There are "fanboys" wherever you go...I've just noticed less on here and more people willing to help out.

powerwagon

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Sorry man. I call em as I see em. I'll leave now.

Not really directed at you...just in general. All is well. I'm probably one of the biggest Android fans on this forum...I've had 6 with the most recent being the Note 2. I love Android, but after rooting, rom'ing, overclocking, undervolting...that stuff gets old after a while...haha. I'm enjoying just using my phone without feeling the need to pick it up every 10 mins to tinker with it.

MuddyPaws1

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2012
Let me preface this with the fact that I have been a long time Android user, dating back to the original Droid. I have strayed from time to time (iPhone 4 and 4s, as well as a couple blackberries and the lumia 900). Anyway, something I've noticed on each respective forums is that the iPhone crowd is absolutely top notch. I see a lot less bitching and fanboyism on the Apple side than I do with Android and especially the blackberry side. I just left the Note 2 for the iPhone 5, so I've been saturating my brain on this site for the last week or so, and I must say that I have been impressed with the level of maturity and genuine help being offered here. With Android, all I see is people trying to impress others with their knowledge, or who can be the biggest smartass. With Blackberry, it is just infuriating to see the level of fanboyism they have...they are THE WORST by far when it comes to sticking their head in the sand and turning off the common sense meter.

Anyway, please keep it up...I'm sure I'll have some questions at some point. Awesome phone by the way...I jailbroke it on day one and have yet to find anything it won't do compared to my Android...and I've found a few things it will do that I couldn't with the almighty Note 2.

Wow...umm...keep reading here. You'll change your mind.

Browns2212

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
Orchard Park, NY

Just because you think Google/Android does something better doesn't mean anyone on this forum does or should. People like different devices for different reasons. You might think an Android device does X better, maybe an iPhone user doesn't. Doesn't make either of you right or wrong.

Difference of opinion and product.

Bmoney86

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2013
Just because you think Google/Android does something better doesn't mean anyone on this forum does or should. People like different devices for different reasons. You might think an Android device does X better, maybe an iPhone user doesn't. Doesn't make either of you right or wrong.

Difference of opinion and product.

No people don't have to agree with my point of view. I would just like Apple fans to open their eyes for a second. Don't get me wrong I love Apple too, but this site is not open to different opinions like the OP suggested. I am just stating that no matter what you post positive or negative toward Apple you will get a poster that will give a smart butt comment. Some how Apple die hards think they are some how smatter than ever boy else.

Krimsonmyst

macrumors 6502
Dec 18, 2012
While there are plenty of rabid "fandroids" I am not sure I would say the blindness part is equal. Most of the Android fanatics that I see, on forums and blogs at least, are well-aware what iOS can and can not do. But the reverse? Not so much. There are countless iOS fans that seem totally oblivious to how things are, at this point in time, in the world of Android. They have this misguided idea that it is a world of malware, viruses, crashes, unbridled complexity, and lag. As someone who just switched to a Nexus 4 and now a Note 2, after using an iPhone from the very beginning, I can say that is just not so. (Well, the complexity part can be true, but that is if you want it to be and like to tinker.)

This is largely my experience. As an ex-iPhone, now Android user, I am fully aware of what iOS can and can't do, where it works better than Android and where it falls short.

A lot of iOS users (at least, the ones that I've dealt directly with, both in person and on this forum) are purely anti-Android because it doesn't have the Apple logo on the back.

The classic argument they will use is 'Oh sure, you can use Android if you want a system that is laggy, crashes every time you try to do something, is confusing and unintuitive, not to mention hard to learn!'.
While that argument may have held water during the Gingerbread days, ICS and JB have rectified that. Nowadays, as an example, you can do many things in Android in 2 or 3 taps that take you 4 or 5 in iOS.

Sharing in Android is far better as well. The fact that there is a proper file management system makes it so much easier to navigate and manage your phone's storage.

The thing is, though, many iOS users will disregard all the positives purely because it doesn't have an Apple logo on the back. Of course it's going to be a learning curve, any new piece of technology is.

I won't hate on anyone for using iOS, just like I never hated on anyone for using Android when I worked at Apple for 2 years as a Genius.
That said, a lot of iOS users, when confronted with the option of trying Android, won't because of what they've heard from other iOS fans who aren't willing to change.

macMD

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2005
New York
I couldn't disagree more with the OP. I have used every mobile OS platform out there except Symbian and while I wait for the next iPhone to arrive I am using my current Android phone.

What I see a lot is regardless of the platform or the forum their is nothing but bitchy whiners and fanboy's all over them. If it's Android its chest beating pro android, if it's Apple is arrogant inflated ego's. Perhaps its how many users feel so protective of their platform or that's just the way they are.

Sadly it doesn't matter the platform the website, even going to Engadget or The Verge I see the attitudes for or against one platform or another.

I have owned many, many iOS devices, MacBook Pro's iMac's etc. I am truly hoping Apple brings an update to iOS 7 and the reason I am holding out for the iP5S or whatever its called is I see no reason to jump to a phone that I know will be outdated in 6 months. I want to at least get the newest one when it launches then decide if next years model is a must have or I can wait instead of having this years model and being bummed out that I should have waited.

Number29

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2013

Michael

I've found that not to be the case at all. The most rabid 'fandroids' seem to have very little understanding of how iOS works. I had to explain lock screen notifications and music controls to some 'fandroids' just yesterday. It's very clear they've had next to no experience of iOS or the iPhone yet they feel fully qualified to completely trash the phone and platform. Look at PhoneArena.com if you want to see an Android circle jerk in full swing. It's a platform agnostic site completely ruined by 'fandroids'.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Having recently made the switch from Android to iPhone I have encountered the odd social incident where the topic of phones comes up. Not talking about discussion on the internet but instances where people feel the need to question why I have an iPhone. I never experienced it when I was using an Android phone even though most of my colleagues and friends are long time iPhone users. Its not an issue amongst immediate friends as I don't tend to discuss such things in fear of coming across as boring lol.

Anyway I've been in the situation where I've been using my iPhone and someone has felt the need to ridicule it and question why I don't have 'the best phone in the world' rather than an iPhone? I was at a friends birthday back in December and a chap I had never met previously was rather drunk and decided he was offended by my choice of phone. He had an S3 and proceeded to compare it to mine. I simply said I used to own an S3 and they were both great phones. He continued to tell me how rubbish my phone was and I smiled and said 'there we are then'. It got awkward and he looked like a fool. Another was at a wedding and along similar lines. I don't understand why people get so worked up about it? Its a phone for goodness sake and we buy what we like. It doesn't make a blind bit of difference what others have as long as they are happy. They all do the same things :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.