Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 19, 2011
Or is it a bunch of hooey.

Still surprised people are buying Sprint iPhones when their 4G WiMax whatever isn't as sophisticated as the other top 3 carriers' LTE and their customer service is sub-par at its finest.

Would you dump Sprint for TMO if this happens this year?

varunsanthanam

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2007
California

Still surprised people are buying Sprint iPhones when their 4G WiMax whatever isn't as sophisticated as the other top 3 carriers' LTE and their customer service is sub-par at its finest.

The Sprint version of the iPhone does not use WiMax. It uses Sprint's 3G network, and will be compatible with Sprint's LTE network as they roll it out.

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 19, 2011
The Sprint version of the iPhone does not use WiMax. It uses Sprint's 3G network, and will be compatible with Sprint's LTE network as they roll it out.

True.

I was trying to make the point that TMO's network trumps Sprints.

jediistar

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2007
I'm 100000% positive it's coming, I'm even fairly positive of a release date that will coincide with their move to full Value Plans. Perk of running TmoNews.com I guess.

bohbot16

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2009
Anyone know when T-Mobile's LTE launches? From what I've read they are in the process of revamping their network to use the exact same bands as AT&T. This means that T-Mobile will be able to use the AT&T version of each iPhone (including used earlier generations). I know that Apple rolls out LTE support for each carrier after some testing process, so it will likely align with one of their LTE rollout waves. Doubtful that it would coincide with the first few cities, as those will likely be used for the Apple testing.

keitarou

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2012
True.

I was trying to make the point that TMO's network trumps Sprints.

If you are talking about data speeds only, then I agree. If you are talking about voice, then I disagree. I prefer CDMA voice over GSM. For data, GSM beats CDMA every time. With LTE now, Sprint is better than T-mobile "4G".

To your original question, yes, t-mobile will get their version of iPhone this year. if they don't then the unlocked iPhone will work on their refarmed 3G network.

iPusch

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2012
Manhattan, New York

What is TMO? :confused:
T-mobile?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.