Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Epic Games' hit title Infinity Blade was named Apple's Free App of the Week and the app can now be downloaded at no cost for the first time since its release.
Love is in the air, and so are swords, axes, hammers and scythes! Celebrate Valentine's by enjoying the Must-Have iOS Blockbuster for FREE!
Infinity Blade is an action RPG powered by the Unreal 3 Engine. It offers a console-quality experience with impressive 3D graphics and intuitive gesture-based combat.

Since its 2010 debut, the game has won several awards and has received four major updates, adding content and improved gameplay. Its popularity resulted in a sequel, Infinity Blade II, and a second follow up, Infinity Blade: Dungeons, may be in the works.

Infinity Blade can be downloaded for free from the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Action RPG 'Infinity Blade' Now Free to Download

komodrone

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2011
"Celebrate Valentine's by enjoying the Must-Have iOS Blockbuster for FREE!"

STILL DOESN'T FIX THE FACT THAT I'LL BE ALONE THIS VALENTINE'S DAY.

jclo

Managing Editor
Staff member
Dec 7, 2012

It's better than being alone with no free Infinity Blade!

Usehername

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2012
Nice. Now I have something to play while I wait for dungeons which is going to take forever to drop.

Renzatic

Suspended
Celebrate valentine's day by killing things? Ok, makes about as much sense as anything else...

Well yeah, that's kinda how it all started. Way back in, like, wayyyyy back, the Romans had this dude executed for marrying a bunch of people who weren't supposed to be married, and uh...something about digging up corpses. We celebrate the life of this man by buying our girlfriends chocolate and roses and maybe getting laid.

It makes total sense when you think about it.

Also the game's pretty fun. It's sorta like Mike Tyson's Punch Out, but with swords.

OS X Dude

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
UK
Not for me on the UK App Store - it's that one with spaceships that's a bit like Lylat Wars/Starfox 64. It is a cracking game, though, and one I would have bought anyway.

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
Not for me on the UK App Store - it's that one with spaceships that's a bit like Lylat Wars/Starfox 64. It is a cracking game, though, and one I would have bought anyway.

Same for me. But do a search for it and you'll be able to download it for free anyway :)

dma550

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2009
CT
I played this for about 5 minutes until I discovered it was "on rails". Ruined it from there on. The adventure genre means I want to adventure, or go where I want to go. I realize this isn't a true adventure game, but a fighting game with a narrative, but meh.

DJJAZZYJET

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2011
haha, got this game ages ago when it was 69p. I was hoping that infinity blade to would be reduced too :p

ayala421

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2010
Love stinks!

$(KGrHqV,!iEE-noY4wwUBP1(1icPr!~~60_35.JPG

:apple::apple::apple:

Attachments

• LOVE STINKS.JPG
    LOVE STINKS.JPG
    10 KB · Views: 1,104

ctdonath

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2009
Celebrate valentine's day by killing things?

Well yeah, so long as you're doing it with or for someone.

Tapping on a screen filled with colors and movement all by & for your lonesome self, well, heck you're not even killing things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.