Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jackyu

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2010
Exeatly right,this one works,but only 10.8,after the install can update to 10.8.2by copy mrch_kernel from this guide
There is an installer. It's on the bit torrent sites and is called iUTAMacinhackV10b2.dmg. It makes the install easy.

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
Has there been any progress for MacBook Pro's with the X1600?? I searched this thread and only saw recent posts related to the X3100 and GMA950.

According to my MBP 2,2 running lion 10.7.5, it shows the kexts as being 64bit...
I would like to know too. Lack of iCloud and Messages is pretty annoying for me.. :(

dhoerl

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2010
2006 Mac Mini (FrankenMini) must be added to plistfiles

The MountainLionHack plist files InstallableMachines and PlatformSupport (and the one in com.apple.recovery.boot) do not have an entry for the MacMin 2006 (which might have been upgraded to a Core 2 Duo, see other blogs). You can manually add this to the copied files by editing them with a text editor and adding:

<string>Mac-F4208EC8</string>

to the list.

dhoerl

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2010
Success with a FrankenMini !

So I took a 2006 Core Duo MacMini, with a socketed processor, got a Core 2 Duo one from ebay, updated the hardware, then went from Snow Leopard to Lion to Mountain Lion 10.8.1, to 10.8.2. See prior post on one change to get the Mac hardware ID into the two plists - other than that it all worked! I'm amazed!

Note that when you use Pacifist to do the 10.8.2 update, you end up hitting the return key several hundred times - might want to let people know to set expectations!

:):):)

phatskat

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2012
Gma x3100 qe/ci

Everything seems to be running smoothly on my MacBook4,1 with ML following this guide (much thanks!!!!). My only problem is QE/CI - I used the kexts.zip form the first post and my resolution is fine, some things like notification center and Chrome don't flicker. Is there any hope for fully working QE/CI on GMA X3100s? Is there anything I can do to help?

dhoerl

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2010
iCloud Migrate

I was successful in doing the following:

- get iCloud configured on my Lion account
- sync all files on the Mt Lion account with the old Lion account (IMPORTANT)
- create a new Admin account on Mt Lion
- logout of the Mt Lion primary account, login to the Mt Lion alternate account, delete the primary account (save it as a dmg if you want)
- run Migration Assistant to import your Lion account into Mt Lion

Log back in, iCloud now working.

----------

I installed 10.8.1 first, then followed procedures to get the 10.8.2 update installed. Disturbing, but Mail crashed. Looking at the crash log, it seems that one framework was missing (PassKit), and one out of date (AOSkit), both in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks.

By getting them from a known working Mt Lion running 10.8.2, Mail then started working, and has know synced up with iCloud.

What's troubling is why these two Frameworks were not properly updated, and how many others are lurking waiting to cause other problems.

----------

Now stuck on Messages - the old MobileMe is working, but I get an error every time I try to enter the password for the iCloud messages account. I looked in the Console logs but nothing relating to this is there. Another out of date framework??? EDIT: I reverted to 10.8.1, reimported the Lion account, but had the same problem - so Messages not working not related to the update.

Even more on Messages. So I copied my 10.8.2 disk image to a portable drive, then booted from it using a 2012 MacMini - it booted!!! So I logged into Messages, it all worked. Shut it down, booted the same drive on my FrankenMini, and no go - it would not connect.

Last edited:

dhoerl

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2010
10.8.2: Why just the supplimental update?

hackerwayne instructs us to use the "OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Supplemental Update" to go from 10.8.1 to 10.8.2. But on further review, it seems this update is ONLY for users who have already installed 10.8.2. Shouldn't the package have been the 10.8.2 Combo installer, then perhaps followed by this one? This might explain the missing frameworks and Messages problems I'm having...

EDIT: I'm happy to say that I was able to get the original 10.8.2 Update installed. I used Pacifist option in its preferences as:

OFF - "Confirm Before Replacing Files..."
ON - "Ignore .DS_Store Files
SELECTED - "As Folders"

It took about 20 hours to run...

Messages is till broken though...
EDIT: Found that Hackintoshes have the same problem, they fix it with the bootloader. The explanation of the problem is in this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/84047-imessage-wont-work-25.html

Last edited:

Lil Car

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2010
Purchase Mountain Lion ???? HELP

I am trying to use the wonder upgrade that "hackerwayne" provided the guide for. I have a MacPro 1.1, the Radeon 5770 went in easily, but when I try to buy Mountain Lion from the app store, I get an error that says it is not compatible with my computer:(. Can someone please tell me how to by ML when it will not download. Have I missed something in the guide?

H2SO4

macrumors 603
Nov 4, 2008
I am trying to use the wonder upgrade that "hackerwayne" provided the guide for. I have a MacPro 1.1, the Radeon 5770 went in easily, but when I try to buy Mountain Lion from the app store, I get an error that says it is not compatible with my computer:(. Can someone please tell me how to by ML when it will not download. Have I missed something in the guide?

You said it yourself. You need a compatible computer to purchase. Or a friend with one. Or a virtual machine.
Have a skim through the thread, it'll set you up well if you have problems, much better than waiting until one actually hits you and not being prepared.

Use the search to look for the word compatible in this thread, you'll see the methods others are using. I for one used a 2011MBA that I also have.

Last edited:
Has anyone been able to get this to work on a Mac mini 2.1 2007 model?

I've loaded it on a 2007 Mac mini, however for whatever reason my wireless network card doesn't work. Works fine in Lion, so thinking I might have missed something in the setup, and will be attempting a reinstall this week.

Otherwise, followed the guide and got it working.

mishendr

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2009
In the list it says "perfect" for Mac mini with X3100... But they don't exist..? Or did I miss something? I've looked up specs of the Mini, but there has never been one with X3100 graphics. :confused:

Droidrage729

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2012
I've loaded it on a 2007 Mac mini, however for whatever reason my wireless network card doesn't work. Works fine in Lion, so thinking I might have missed something in the setup, and will be attempting a reinstall this week.

Otherwise, followed the guide and got it working.

Thanks for the update I just bit the bullet and bought a 12 mini I love it! I'll be slapping 16 gb of ram in that bad boy

RB107

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2013
ML on single partition

I have installed Mountain Lion on a Macbook 4,1 but did not create the ML partition. Instead I have installed ML on the single partition available.

Now how do I upgrade to 10.8.2 as I do not have a Lion/Snow Leopard partition available?

Also what best can be done for the sleep / brightness issue?

H2SO4

macrumors 603
Nov 4, 2008
Maybe radio silence would have been better. :)

Stinks that it appears this has all but stopped.

It's a shame that's for sure, (assuming progress has stopped), but I still look in every now and then and I appreciate all the work done to date. I'm running a pretty happy ML system and even if there is no more support I still say, 'Thankyou Hacker Wayne for all you have done'.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.