Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dime04

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2013
Just out of curiosity...where do you live?

mine also shipped today but scheduled to be here on Feb20th-21st...

I'm in Canada and it shipped with UPS

I live in Corpus Christi, Texas. FedEx tracking info says scheduled delivery Feb 15th at 10:30am. I was given free expedited shipping from Apple.

trjwv

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2010
kentucky...Go Cats
Note: I created this thread for the 27" iMac orders, simply because they are the ones that are having the delays and issues and such. But if you ordered a 21.5" and you wanna go ahead and include yours, feel free! iMac's UNITE! lol

Hey all. Thought I would start a thread for all of the folks that have placed orders for their iMacs in January. I haven't seen an "Ordered in January" thread, I've only seen a "Team January" thread for folks with January delivery estimates. Hopefully people will be able to use this thread to help them out a bit and see how other people's orders are progressing that were ordered around the same time.

Post your system specifications. You location (for example, I'm in Melbourne, FL in the US), what date and time you placed your order, and current order status. Include as much information as you would like, such as shipping options and such. If you post to this thread, try to keep us all updated on your progress that way it might put some people anxious minds at ease.

I'll start out......

I placed my order on January 10th, around 10:00am EST. I'm located in Melbourne, FL in the U.S.

System Specs:
- 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 Processor
- 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM (I'll be replacing with 32GB of Crucial RAM)
- 1TB 7200rpm Serial ATA Hard Drive
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5 GPU
- Apple Magic Mouse / Apple Wireless Keyboard

This week I am purchasing an Apple SuperDrive, Apple TV and possibly, possibly, AirPort Express (either that or I'm going to add my laser printer to the WiFi Network so I can print from this computer in the other room, because that's the PC I use for my Stamps.com software, no Stamps.com software for Mac yet, which SUCKS!). I'm going to also buy AppleCare, once I'm satisfied with the computer I have, as I don't want to go through any issues if I SHOULD have to return the original iMac should it be defective or what have you.

It looks like many have shipped out this morning according to the spreadsheet, including mine.
Just wondering large farva, did your iMac arrive in good condition with no problems...
thanks

applecanon

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2013
My iMac was delivered today, ordered Jan 20th.
No image retention or yellow tint as far as I can see.
Overall i'm pretty happy with it :D

glintoz

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
My Jan 18th order still on processing :( glad to see a lot of orders being filled though.

Did you go for expedited shipping or just standard ? Pretty harsh watching everyone else's start moving while yours just sits there. May be worth a call to apple to see what is going on, they may give you expedited shipping, who knows.

Mine is still in Shanghai hasn't moved past collected yet.

Arrow29

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2013
Did you go for expedited shipping or just standard ? Pretty harsh watching everyone else's start moving while yours just sits there. May be worth a call to apple to see what is going on, they may give you expedited shipping, who knows.

Mine is still in Shanghai hasn't moved past collected yet.

I'm in Australia so just got the standard free shipping that is offered. Last tjme I called Apple they jus said expected delivery is Feb 19-25 and given its still possible to come within that period, that's fair enough.

Just hard seeing other ordering same time having received them already! Waited this long another week won't kill me

Dime04

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2013
According to FedEx everything looks like its right on schedule to receive my iMac on Friday the 15th. Currently sitting in San Antonio, Tx.

*****now it says out for delivery at 9:01am! Wow!!! From China to Texas in 2 days.*****

Last edited:

trjwv

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2010
kentucky...Go Cats
Received my Jan 19th order today. Shipped yesterday, received today. I guess my 3 phone calls did speed my shipping up...skipped alaska and straight to Memphis...

Travel History Help Hide
Date/Time Activity Location
- 2/14/2013 - Thursday
1:56 pm
Delivered
MATEWAN, WV
9:00 am
On FedEx vehicle for delivery
LANGLEY, KY
8:53 am
At local FedEx facility
LANGLEY, KY
5:20 am
At destination sort facility
HUNTINGTON, WV
4:08 am
In transit
MEMPHIS, TN
3:19 am
Departed FedEx location
MEMPHIS, TN
2:55 am
International shipment release - Import
MEMPHIS, TN
1:16 am
In transit
MEMPHIS, TN
1:00 am
MEMPHIS, TN
- 2/13/2013 - Wednesday
11:02 pm
Arrived at FedEx location
MEMPHIS, TN
10:27 pm
In transit
SHANGHAI CN
10:24 pm
SHANGHAI CN
2:56 pm
Left FedEx origin facility
SHANGHAI CN
1:45 pm
Picked up
SHANGHAI CN
12:09 am
Shipment information sent to FedEx

habu281

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2007
Whittier
I just noticed that apple just took the money out of my account and my shipping moved from Feb 28th - March 4 to Feb 21st- Feb24th. :cool:

Since I'm in SoCal don't know what the shipping times will be but as soon as I get more info I'll post it.

dvdlovr24

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2008
I just noticed that apple just took the money out of my account and my shipping moved from Feb 28th - March 4 to Feb 21st- Feb24th. :cool:

Since I'm in SoCal don't know what the shipping times will be but as soon as I get more info I'll post it.

When did you place your order? I just checked and my date is still the 28th-4th. :(

Dime04

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2013
My iMac was just delivered! It's sitting at home waiting for me. Ordered Jan 22 and received Feb 14. Traveled from Shanghai, Memphis, San Antonio, to Corpus Christi in 2 days. The wait is finally over. Hope everything is tip top. Will keep y'all updated.

iMaxIt

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2013
My iMac was just delivered! It's sitting at home waiting for me. Ordered Jan 22 and received Feb 14. Traveled from Shanghai, Memphis, San Antonio, to Corpus Christi in 2 days. The wait is finally over. Hope everything is tip top. Will keep y'all updated.

Nice!

Mine is 1 day after you and it's still processing. :confused:

Fifemacuser

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2012
It's here!

Loving it soooo much. First mac so trying to get to grips with it all and moving over all my pictures and songs.

Ordered 19th Jan delivered 14th Feb :D

Dime04

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2013
Typing from my new and first iMac! This thing is amazing! Still getting used to all the differences coming from Windows.....this thing runs so smooth and I haven't even installed the extra 16GB of ram I purchased from Crucial.....but I do have a few questions.....How would you check for image retention? And what, where, or how would I get a solid black screen to check for major light bleed and vice versa for yellowing. As far as I see right now this display is killer. No dents, bumps, or scratches.

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
Why look for it, enjoy!

I don't know any of the issues posted, what's Image Retention? Honestly, I only look for Dead Pixels which knock on wood I haven't found a single one.

Seriously I don't want to be the one that exchanges multiple times, it's a PITA to set it up and repack.

Arrow29

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2013
Called Apple to ask if my delivery is still expected to be within the initial estimate (which is next week). They said it is so hopefully mine will go to preparing for shipment over the weekend

Ciclismo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
Germany
Ordered on the 22nd of Jan, status went to "Shipped" yesterday, currently ETA is 25th, but here's hoping that it'll arrive on or before the 22nd so that I can play with it over the weekend! Spread sheet has been updated.

gaddster

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2013
liverpool, england
mine changed to shipped, although I cant see any details just yet. Initially said monday 18th then it changed to 25th... darn..

How long before you see details of its journey?

JasperNL

macrumors member
May 18, 2012
Mine changed from shipping between 27 Feb, 2013 - 06 Mar, 2013 to 26 Feb, 2013 - 05 Mar, 2013. Oh yeah ;) 1 day earlier! Still on processing though.
Ordered on the 30th.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.