Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hanrythoms55

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2013
my head phone

EHS48ESOME-p.jpg

Reactions: Kevbasscat

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
MD
Only iDevice DACs can bypass the built-in DAC of the iPhone. FiiO products are not iDevice approved, therefore will not bypass the built-in DAC. The proper method to use the amplifier of the E17 is to use a Line-Out Dock connector (LOD).

Destroysall

Yes, this is true because the iphone cannot be forced to work as a USB host with the camera connection kit as the iPad can.

The best hope for a DAC that works with the iphone 5 that isn't 400+ (like the fostex hp-p1 or Go-DAP X) is to hope that V-moda continues their VAMP line with something more affordable.

Last edited:

Destroysall

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2012
United States
The best hope for a DAC that works with the iphone 5 that isn't 400+ (like the fostex hp-p1 or Go-DAP X) is to hope that V-moda continues their VAMP line with something more affordable.
Not necessarily. It depends on the headphone being used. No sense on spending money on a portable amplifier for Apple EarPods or something similar..

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
MD
Not necessarily. It depends on the headphone being used. No sense on spending money on a portable amplifier for Apple EarPods or something similar..

I don't see how that conflicts with what I said? I made no headphone recommendations, only offered details of what DACs that would work with the iphone 5.

zen97

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2008
TX
JayBird BlueBuds X

The perfect workout headphones.

Attachments

• BlueBuds X.jpg
    BlueBuds X.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 168

ljusmc

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2012
Beats-Mixr-Over-Ear-Headphones-Black_6.jpg

1918535.jpg

Have them both and LOVE them. Yes Ive heard other headphones but these have everything I want. Bought the Mixr's as a B day gift for myself.

BlakeBrattina

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2011
Bay City, MI

Have them both and LOVE them. Yes Ive heard other headphones but these have everything I want. Bought the Mixr's as a B day gift for myself.

So I'm in the market for some new phones as the ones I use at the gym broke on me. My question is, how do the beats hold up while running, etc.? I cannot stand the stock ear buds that come with the Iphone as they do not stay in my ear and it's a constant battle.. Any advice?

panda bear

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2010
The perfect workout headphones.

Do these drain your battery badly?

I purchased a pair of cheap ones from Amazon just to test it out on a bike ride.

I had a BT heart rate monitor and a pair of BT headphones. My phone battery died about halfway through my 2hr 20m ride.

zen97

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2008
TX
Do these drain your battery badly?

I purchased a pair of cheap ones from Amazon just to test it out on a bike ride.

I had a BT heart rate monitor and a pair of BT headphones. My phone battery died about halfway through my 2hr 20m ride.

So far I am averaging about 6 hrs per charge paring them w/ the new iPod nano via BT. I use them daily while running and lifting.. with no wires getting in the way.

brad5

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2013
I'm using Grado Prestige Series SR125i Headphones, not best looking but high quality sound .:cool:

panda bear

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2010
So far I am averaging about 6 hrs per charge paring them w/ the new iPod nano via BT. I use them daily while running and lifting.. with no wires getting in the way.

Wow, that's awesome, This, however, would be with my iPhone 5. Though, I won't be using the BT heartrate monitor anymore, as i've realized that it's just not worth the hassle.

I may check them out. Thanks.

Are they worth the price? I just run my headphones under my shirt, no issues with them getting in the way.

Yeah, I never have any problems when i'm running, but at the gym wires can be annoying. Though, i've never even thought about putting the wire under my shirt. I use a shuffle at the gym and just slide it in my pocket, so that'd work perfectly.

My main reason for wanting BT headphones is for riding my bike. I have a mount for my phone, so I don't want headphones to be connected to the phone, in case I have to quickly dismount for whatever reason.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
Yeah, I never have any problems when i'm running, but at the gym wires can be annoying. Though, i've never even thought about putting the wire under my shirt. I use a shuffle at the gym and just slide it in my pocket, so that'd work perfectly.

My main reason for wanting BT headphones is for riding my bike. I have a mount for my phone, so I don't want headphones to be connected to the phone, in case I have to quickly dismount for whatever reason.

I think they might be a nice touch for when I ride my motorcycle, but I'll have to wait.

ljusmc

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2012
So I'm in the market for some new phones as the ones I use at the gym broke on me. My question is, how do the beats hold up while running, etc.? I cannot stand the stock ear buds that come with the Iphone as they do not stay in my ear and it's a constant battle.. Any advice?

I cant speak for the Mixrs but the iBeats wouldnt be good. I was on the bike and sweat on them and I had a scare. Lost volume in one but eventually it began to work again.

zen97

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2008
TX
Are they worth the price? I just run my headphones under my shirt, no issues with them getting in the way.

They function exactly they way I imagined. Great sound, small and wire free. No regrets worth the price and wait.

ggabriele3

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2012
I can't remember if I posted this. I have the ATH-M50, which had a good/real level of bass compared to, say, the AKGs. I wasn't happy with the iPhones ability to drive them so I added the Fiio E17. the pic shows it about as portable as it gets.

I walked about 80 blocks in NYC today with this setup and it was great.

next i plan to try the V-Moda M100s.

qa5ududa.jpg

mynameiskishan

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2012
Not my picture, but just picked them up today.. So far so good :D They are the Koss ProDJ200's

Attachments

• 8335e819_koss-prodj200-img_2253.jpeg
    8335e819_koss-prodj200-img_2253.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 241
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.