Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stlblufan

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2008
New York City
You better get in line then. Apple WILL patch the jailbreak. Maybe not in the next release. But they WILL at some point in the future.

Obviously. But most updates aren't required by IT in order to access Exchange. This is essentially a must-have update -- I don't want to have to choose between remaining on 6.1 with JB but no Exchange or moving to whatever new firmware with Exchange but no JB.

mr.steevo

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2004
I have seen "No WiFi" on a friend's 4S. It is not a software bug. It is faulty hardware that requires a Genius exchange.

We had problems with wi-fi not connecting on a 4S after updating to iOS 6. Like you say it meant having to replace the phone.

calaverasgrande

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2010
Brooklyn, New York.
So, has there been a recent IOS update that didn't break Exchange connectivity?
I understand that in Cupertino they probably all use Apple and unix servers. But the rest of corporate America we use Microsoft exchange and Active Directory on Windows servers. If apple expects to continue to penetrate the corporate market they need to get their act together.

NedBookPro

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2011
APPLE: While you're at it, can you return the swoosh sound to *AFTER* negotiation has completed with the smtp server where it should be, and where it used to be with iOS5.

It's annoying and illogical to hear that sound, only to find the send failed later.

The swoosh sound before smtp negotiation gives you the false sense the message sent successfully.

Anyone else want this restored to where it should be?

Vespa Alex

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2011
We've been having active sync issues since iOS 5 - getting about forty times the volumes of transaction logs we should do on Exchange 2010.

I've had a call logged with Microsoft and we've proved it's the iPhones causing it but they basically washed their hands of it after several months of back and forth.

I'm in the process of upgrading everyone to 6.1.1 to see if that clears it. If not we may be going for Windows phones next time round :(

FresA

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2010
Given that the hardware was often working fine before running a software update it could just be software. But they haven't been able to figure out what part of the software it is yet for some variants (like the wifi being grayed out) so they are swapping hardware.

Thank you.

----------

We had problems with wi-fi not connecting on a 4S after updating to iOS 6. Like you say it meant having to replace the phone.

It's not hardware, if it was then I wouldn't even be able to updated thru WiFi in the first place...

it got all messed up after 6.1; ever since then, No Wifi connections has been detected.

MacFly123

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2006
This is not the only repeat major security bug in iOS 6.1! I found one last night. You can use universal search to find iMessages that have been deleted!

I was shocked when I found it. I have reported the issue to all the tech sites. I hope one of them will publish it so Apple fixes the issue!!!

blah45

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2013
no wifi fix

WTF?!!
What they REALLY need to fix is the iPhone 4s 'NO WiFi' BUG.
6.1.1 didn't do ***** for us. :mad:

Turn your phone off, leave it in the fridge or freezer for a while, and then turn it back on. This fixes the "no wifi" message on my iPhone 4. Seriously. The key is to boot the phone while it is cold.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.