Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin247

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2013
Beware of doing business with Paypal!!!!!

My experience with Paypal started out with our company paying for Magazines with a company called College Life Nation/College Life Magazine (which tuned out to be a total SCAM). When I went into Paypal to pay for the magazines, I chose to pay with the company credit card we had on file.
Instead of the $750 going on the credit card, Paypal took it upon themselves to first deplete my Paypal account balance ($60.07) in its entirety (not what I chose OR wanted) and charged the rest on the card ($689.93).

After realizing that our magazines were never going to show up, we started the dispute process. It took about 6 months for Bank of America to refund the $689.93 back into our account. Paypal however refuses to refund the $60.07 that I did not authorize them taking. I find this to be about as scandalous as the company that tried to rip us off. Paypal claims to cover fraud, but when it comes time to actually stand behind their claim, they don't deliver.

The first two Paypal reps that I spoke with told me the $60.07 would automatically post to my account about 30 days after Bank of America permanently credited our account with the money that went on the credit card.
Of course, after 30 days, nothing posted. I called again yesterday, spent one hour and eight minutes to get to a representative on the phone. (Wow)...

The rep told me to email the document and gave me the email address: chargeback@paypal.com. I emailed the document and 2 hours later received an automated response saying they won't refund us the money. Wow...
I called back again this morning extremely pissed off and talked to another rep that gave me an entirely different story. Out of 3 reps I spoke with, every one of them gave me different information. Turns out, they aren't even able to open email attachments. Which means they had me email the docs in, never even looked at them and sent out an automated rejection email right away. Wow..Now that's company who cares....

Since every rep I've talked to tells me something different, I'm now faxing it in.

I am awaiting resolution to this matter as my fingers are eager to post this to every forum related to Paypal. It's unfortunate that companies don't do the right thing on their own, you have to make them do the right thing. Thank god we have the Internet to fight back!

Case ID - PP-002-037-572-627

TedM

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
California
That's how the Prince of Nigeria needs help! Through paypal, making money laundering easy since its creation.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
Yeah, I've had some issues with PayPal as well. It sucks. Did you ask for a manager? Get angry at them? Did you speak to an American or Indian (members, don't take this personally)? Cause I swear, every time I called PayPal, I was speaking with an Indian. A claim was going on for about two months. The first American I speak to, case is closed. Easy.
Try it. Works wonders.

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
... Did you speak to an American or Indian (members, don't take this personally)? Cause I swear, every time I called PayPal, I was speaking with an Indian. A claim was going on for about two months. The first American I speak to, case is closed. Easy.
Try it. Works wonders.

Because of course PayPal in the US never hires an American with an accent. I do take this personally.... because that is so wrong. You've just lost a bunch of points in my eyes, Squilly....

I had a dispute with PayPal, it took them forever to clear up. I was really angry with them. And every one of the reps I talked to were easy to understand. Which means they were Canadian, American, or someone in India who went to a class to smooth out the accent.

They all still screwed me 'round, though.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
Because of course PayPal in the US never hires an American with an accent. I do take this personally.... because that is so wrong. You've just lost a bunch of points in my eyes, Squilly....

I had a dispute with PayPal, it took them forever to clear up. I was really angry with them. And every one of the reps I talked to were easy to understand. Which means they were Canadian, American, or someone in India who went to a class to smooth out the accent.

They all still screwed me 'round, though.

Chances are, when you're talking to a representative with a think Indian accent, they're from India.... I have asked (via chat).

thehustleman

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2013
I hate that about businesses.

We need to get it made illegal to hire a person living in a non native English speaking company for any customer service job or any other job that requires speaking English or writing English.

If they don't make it illegal, make it very very expensive to conduct business.

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010

We need to get it made illegal to hire a person living in a non native English speaking company for any customer service job or any other job that requires speaking English or writing English.

Well when I ring a company I get a person from my own country.

Het Nederlandse taal leren, geen problemen.:p

dma550

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2009
CT
My only scary story about paypal comes from a customer, who is a 501c3 charity. A hacker used his site to send about 150 <3$ transactions to "test" credit cards. These 150 transactions all were disputed as fraud. Paypal tool the $3.00 and a $50 fraud fee. Yes, they depleted his balance of $7K which was for a charity, all in fees. All part of their TOS.

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea

We
Meaning America...
need to get it made illegal to hire a person living in a non native English speaking company
Do you mean "country"
for any customer service job or any other job that requires speaking English or writing English.
Including of course for those instances when the company in question is specifically dealing with non-english speakers?
Like a tax based on english proficiency?

Would this test be applied to potential employees in allegedly english speaking countries? Would people who spoke Eubonics be excluded? Perhaps someone from the deep south Bronx?

Ironically, Canada (especially New Brunswick) is home to large number of American call centres because Americans find us so easy to understand. Except for La belle province of course. So I guess I shouldn't complain about this proposed legislation since it means more jobs for us... but I doubt this what you had in mind.

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
Instead of the $750 going on the credit card, Paypal took it upon themselves to first deplete my Paypal account balance ($60.07) in its entirety (not what I chose OR wanted) and charged the rest on the card ($689.93).

SOP by PayPal is ALWAYS deplete your PP account, then withdraw rest from bank/CC.

I routinely make PP withdraw before I make payments.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO

1. English is an official language of India and many Indians you talk to on the phone may have been learning it since they were a child.
2. I can understand some Indians better than I can understand some people from the south. Should we make it illegal to hire an American who sounds like Boomhauer?

2020mike

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
It amazes me how easily people get worked up. Not talking about the original poster either, he has a legitimate reason to be upset.

Zombie Acorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
1. English is an official language of India and many Indians you talk to on the phone may have been learning it since they were a child.
2. I can understand some Indians better than I can understand some people from the south. Should we make it illegal to hire an American who sounds like Boomhauer?

Many Indians suck at English, there's no doubt about it. Companies should probably not hire people who are incomprehensible in the language they are going to be speaking to customers.

That being said, I know plenty of Indians who speak plain English just like anyone else, most of them were born in Canada/America though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.