Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
Like phones purchased through Google, it is unlocked as well. I had my iPhone sim in my Nexus and it automatically configured itself to work with it after rebooting.

Let me get this right, your Tmobile Nexus 4 came unlocked? Factory unlocked?

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
Wow, great I remember a time when my credit rating was in the upper 700s scores but not anymore, now tmobile is asking me for a $400 deposit can u imagine. My best Beto try this phone out is to buy it directly from google. Thank you for letting me know, now I know the tmobile version comes unlocked too.

NewAnger

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2012
Denver Colorado
Wow, great I remember a time when my credit rating was in the upper 700s scores but not anymore, now tmobile is asking me for a $400 deposit can u imagine. My best Beto try this phone out is to buy it directly from google. Thank you for letting me know, now I know the tmobile version comes unlocked too.

Yea I was surprised that it was unlocked as well but at the same time, it is unbranded meaning there are no T-Mobile marks anywhere on the phone, just like what you get on one purchased through Google.

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
Yeah it should be the same exact same unbranded model sold by google. At least the big G doesn't lock them like Apple does at Apple store when selling them under contract. How much cool wouldn't it be if Apple sold their contract iPhones unlocked as well. Mine right now cost me $801 (taxes included) when I first bought it on a credit card at apple store.

I now think paying for such a device is insane, but with alternatives like the nexus4 I would be saving quite some bucks.

sixteen12

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2011
I feel like this is made out to be a much bigger deal than it really is. 90% of the time I am on wifi, and when I am not 5mbps down on 3G is plenty fast. The only real difference I notice is when I am downloading apps...LTE is much faster. Browsing wise I feel like it is a very small difference.

Depends, for me on Rogers LTE is a must. The 3G bands in major downtown areas are so saturated that data becomes unusable. Same goes with sporting events, concerts, etc. LTE has way more bandwith and always works.

That may change in the future as more people get on LTE, but for now, it provides much more usability. Not just because of donwload and upload speeds.

NewAnger

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2012
Denver Colorado
Yeah it should be the same exact same unbranded model sold by google. At least the big G doesn't lock them like Apple does at Apple store when selling them under contract. How much cool wouldn't it be if Apple sold their contract iPhones unlocked as well. Mine right now cost me $801 (taxes included) when I first bought it on a credit card at apple store.

I now think paying for such a device is insane, but with alternatives like the nexus4 I would be saving quite some bucks.

I agree on all that you said. Someone at my job last night said that I am now stuck in a new contract but in the next two years, I would have still had a cell phone no matter who I was with. This way, I get a great phone and on a network that IS amazingly fast compared to AT&Ts 3G.

The Nexus 4 that I got for free is the 16GB model.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
If my Android-based devices could get the same battery life as my comparable iOS devices, I'd be all-Android in a heartbeat. Battery level is something that I've pretty much forgotten about since making iOS devices my primary ones.

Obese Lobsters

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2010
I find that Google likes to add lots of features to android but never truly work quite as you'd expect. For example: Google Now is a useful feature that allowed me to quickly see stuff around as well as update weather, however it kept turning on my GPS and caused my battery to die at around 8-10 hours of very light use. Turning off GPS brought my battery life at 70% at 8-10 hours.
Also Android beam over NFC is so limited in use. I kept trying to transfer my videos from my galaxy nexus to my nexus 4 but I couldn't get them to transfer, however I did get some of the pictures to transfer, thought not all.
It seems to me that Google is checking off boxes rather then truly features.
From my experience at least.

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
I agree 100%. I messed around with the SG3 keyboard and even tried out an HTC OneX+ for about 2 weeks and missed the iPhone keyboard tremendously and it's such a big part in using a smartphone. It's 1 of the reasons I came back to the iPhone.

I'm pretty sure they have a bootleg iPhone keyboard on the Google play store somewhere.

TroyBoy30

macrumors 68030
Jun 9, 2009
Atlanta GA
Huh?

Have you used SwiftKey Flow or Swype keyboard? I know that everyone has an opinion, but it's pretty difficult for me to believe that somebody used the afore mentioned keyboards and thinks the iPhone keyboard is better. The options on an S3 or Note 2 (or really any high end Android device) are so numerous, it's almost impossible for Apple to have anything better on the iPhone simply because of the sheer number of developers creating for Android...it's truly stunning.

yes they both suck. swiftkey was terrible. Ive tried them all on my note ii and none are better IMO that the iphone. cut and paste on android is impossible as well

IFRIT

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2012
yes they both suck. swiftkey was terrible. Ive tried them all on my note ii and none are better IMO that the iphone. cut and paste on android is impossible as well

Swift key is in no way terrible it is regarded as a great keyboard, RIM even licensed the tech for there latest phones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.