Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

imovie.jpg
Apple today updated its consumer moviemaking app iMovie for iOS, adding reliability enhancements when sending photos from iPhoto to iMovie and fixing a bug that affected project photos when restoring from a backup. Here's the full list of changes:
-Improves reliability when sending photos from iPhoto to iMovie
-Resolves an issue that could affect photos in projects and trailers after restoring from a backup
-Improves overall stability
iMovie can be downloaded from the App Store for $4.99. [Direct Link]

Article Link: iMovie for iOS Updated with Stability Enhancements and Bug Fixes

Summersify

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2011
UK
It's saddening that we aren't getting new proper versions of iLife or iWork anymore... All we get are the small bugfix updates or feature adding like iCloud or retina compatibility.

Uncle David

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2011
With the iOS 6.1 problems, and the mess that is iTunes 11, I'm not ready to make any upgrades within two weeks of the release.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Did they ever end up adding native avchd support (to the mac version) or do you still have to convert? Yeah, I know, not totally on topic.

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
Still can't edit the videos in your videos app.
Still have to fish self-shot videos out of "camera roll" in photos app.
Still can't sync or open iMovie projects from osx even if you have the same source files on your ipad

Still really cool technology, applied poorly.

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
It's saddening that we aren't getting new proper versions of iLife or iWork anymore... All we get are the small bugfix updates or feature adding like iCloud or retina compatibility.

This. It's been what, 3 years since the last decent update? And don't get me started on iWeb. How are people to make their own small websites? Yes iWeb gave junky code but it had promise, especially if it could be teamed with a nice CMS. ( and that's all most of Apple's online services are, glorified CMSes. They're world experts on it. [er, I might need to rephrase that ...])

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
If you need Pro features, then go Pro software. Don't complain when a $4-15 app doesn't do everything you want.

Nice and unexpected update. I hope they are planning on introducing some new tools and themes in the next few months.

iWeb would have had to be totally rewritten for today's standards. Especially for retina. It wasn't really worth it anymore anyway. They don't even have a hosting service anymore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.