Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PinoyAko

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2012
Is Safari available in AppleTV? If not, they should make it available and make it snappier!

M2M

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2009
Give me DTS (& DTS HD) Sound better sooner then later and I am fine :)

Mr Fusion

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2007
The app store and games are coming.
I'll believe it when I see it! ;)

.. And six months later, when the devs at Sling Media get up off their lazy ***es and release SlingPlayer for AppleTV, then and only then will I be happy. :p

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
I want my Apple TV to give me turn-by-turn directions, e.g., "Get off sofa, turn right, walk 10 steps, turn left, open refrigerator door, get next beer, close refrigerator door, turn left, 10 steps, turn right, sit back down on sofa."

Better yet, the Apple TV should get the beer for me.

With all the maps problems you may end up in bed.

rei101

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2011
So... expect anything by... summer 2014! because if they are hiring now, after finding the person, training, design, trial and error and so on, no less than a year and that is rushing the hell out of it.

carlgo

macrumors 68000
Dec 29, 2006
Monterey CA
I want my Apple TV to give me turn-by-turn directions, e.g., "Get off sofa, turn right, walk 10 steps, turn left, open refrigerator door, get next beer, close refrigerator door, turn left, 10 steps, turn right, sit back down on sofa."

Better yet, the Apple TV should get the beer for me.

More betterer: get selected hot TV actress to me. That would be the killer app for sure. AAPL would go to $10K/share.

flux73

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2009
People complained the original iPhone was too slow in coming out too. Remember all the frustration when they partnered up with Motorola for the ROKR and people thought, "That's all???"

It's like deja vu all over again. Patience people. Apple doesn't like to release things until they know they've got it mostly right. Yes, occasionally there are occasional missteps like Maps, but that's minor. But for something as big as TV, you don't do it until all your ducks are lined up.

Bubba Satori

Suspended
Feb 15, 2008
B'ham
That would be great, all they need is a camera controller, It would kill things like the Xbox 360 and the Wii

Anybody else ever notice how many people around here are always wanting to kill stuff?
It's like if they don't want Apple to just buy it, they want them to kill it. :confused:

Last edited:

bearcatrp

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2008
Boon Docks USA
It doesn't take an engineer to figure out that if you can put 16, 32 or 64 GB memory in an iPhone that you can do the same with the ATV. Heck, put iOS from the phone to the apple tv with memory, use your iphone to control your games and you have one hell of a game console. Keep the sports icons for subscription and get CBS, ABC and NBC for a dedicated subscription app and apple would rule. But apple is to chicken **** to make a big pounce and knock out xbox, PS3 and wii. Would also suggest apple dump the full size tv and use apple tv to hook up to any tv on the market. OUYA could beat them though if apple drags its feet.

bradhs

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2010
That ad has been up for a while now...

So, they are just now looking for an "engineer manager" for aTV development? I thought we were going to have product introduction anywhere from next month to late fall! Seems like the product would be introduced long after the project manager is hired. :confused:

Heston

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2007
As someone that has been wanting an Apple TV for a long time, the only thing holding me back has been the lack of jailbreak for the ATV3. Adding applications may actually push me over the edge.

rcappo

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2010
They need to bridge the internet and TV gap. There are plenty of on-line TV shows, but it is very hard to remember to go out to the websites and watch them. Podcast/DVR like function has to be there. Apple could buy out TiVo at this point... And throw in a ATSC over the air antenna with a TV guide (like eyeTV) and it would be good. Downloadable movies/concerts. And even a la cart TV stations...ESPN3, Discovery, CNN, CNBC. Have an Apple TV channel with tips and tricks and advice for better home videos and travel pictures.

In addition to increased speed for accessing my own photos and music. At least some storage on board that would pre-sync some of them.

Where do I sign up?

OmegaRed1723

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2009
The Waste
Give me DTS (& DTS HD) Sound better sooner then later and I am fine :)

We're still waiting for DTS-HD MA support in OS X, even when the hardware supports it in boot camp. I'm not holding my breath for lossless surround audio on the :apple:TV anytime soon.

richman555

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2010
Collegeville, PA
But I hear if we wait for the next new model after that one, the :apple:TV will actually make the beer. ;)

And the model after that will project a 3D hologram of a bikini model to carry it over and serve it to you. ;)

And with a jailbreak option, that 2nd model gains a bunch of other functionality that might be fun.

I am thirsty for some Applebrau!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.