Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrDc2

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
SnarfSnarf2.jpg

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
What a pompous jerk!

"Nope."

Seriously?

Someone has to check in their unjustified ego at the door.

Radio

Huh?
I think comments like this say a lot more about the comment-er than the target of the comments.

gorskiegangsta

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
What a pompous jerk!

"Nope."

Seriously?

Someone has to check in their unjustified ego at the door.

Radio

What's so pompous about that?? Jim is a fairly straightforward guy who doesn't meddle in bulls*it, unlike most of the analysts. If he replies to a claim with "Yep" or "Nope", chances are he knows it for a fact.

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
yep. double when he's negating an analyst wild guesses.

----------

No and he won't. He has too much respect for the company to make those kind of claims.

I wouldn't call it respect, exactly. It's pretty clear that Dalyrmple's source is the very highest level of Apple. Since he's 100% correct, that's the executive committee itself: Cook, et al. So both sides has a good thing going: By giving D. only accurate info, Apple has a highly effective. yet unofficia.l way to manage rumors and expectations while holding secret as much info as possible. D., by faithfully reporting Apple info, gets to be the go-to guy for Apple info. At this point, when Jim D. gives a Yep or Nope it's as good (better, actually) as if Tim Cook were to take out a full page ad in the NYT and promise something up and down.

I'd say both sides "respect" what they get out of the relationship.

gorskiegangsta

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'll buy more computers and phones and women than I'll ever buy tvs.
The palm of one's hand doesn't qualify as a woman :rolleyes:

I talk bollocks most of the time, where do I apply for an analyst's job?
This!

Yep. Leads one to wonder how he makes his money...
He's in a business run by self-indulged schmucks. These are the people that get paid for making nothing out of nothing and then calling it something.

Enter "Emperor's New Clothes" millenium edition :rolleyes:

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
Apple won't clarify anything. Apple will either send out invitations, or they won't send out invitations.
That's exactly it. When people get the invites then we know there will be an event. Otherwise their either is no event or is no event in the near future.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
"holding a television-related product event in March, perhaps to introduce developer tools for the Apple TV..."

I knew it.... developer tools for the current Apple TV :)

It has to be..... Apple has already added Bluetooth support, why stop there ? :cool:

MacDav

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2004
Not the Apple TV thing again. Give it up already. Why would I want an Apple TV, when I already have an Apple TV that works just fine. If you're talking about a TV set with an Apple logo on it, why would I want that? I have a nice big widescreen 1080P Sony TV that works just fine too. What am I missing?

Born Again

macrumors 601
May 12, 2011
Norcal
Huh?
I think comments like this say a lot more about the comment-er than the target of the comments.
Ok tell me then

----------

What's so pompous about that?? Jim is a fairly straightforward guy who doesn't meddle in bulls*it, unlike most of the analysts. If he replies to a claim with "Yep" or "Nope", chances are he knows it for a fact.

That's rude to reply with one word.

Okay let's see how you'd deal if your coworker just said yup or nope all day.

Lol you'd hate it!

tshrimp

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2012
I like my Apple TV, but it only has 2 features I like (Roku has it beat in almost every way).

Features:

1) Airplay (Greatness)
2) It is an Apple device without the name starting with the letter " i ".

gorskiegangsta

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Ok tell me then

----------

That's rude to reply with one word.

Okay let's see how you'd deal if your coworker just said yup or nope all day.

Lol you'd hate it!

These two examples are in no way analogous. Dalrymple and Misek are neither coworkers, nor interact directly on a day-to-day basis.

Misek is known to talk out of his ass a lot. In the past year and a half, he's predicted the launch of an "Apple Television" as many as six times. Jim is well within his right to put him in his place. If Misek wants more respect, he should seriously up his accuracy record, especially on the topic where he had 5 misses in a row.

And, believe me, if one of your coworkers was spewing bulls**t all day, you'd resort to minimal form of communication as well :D

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
LMAO If you knew Dalrymple like I do, you'd know what that was the funniest thing I've read all week.

Jim has sources. You're wrong about where they sit.

Well, dish then: where do they sit?

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
Ok tell me thenQUOTE]

No, I don't want to get banned so I can't tell you what I really think.

But let me explain: A one word sentence conveys very little information. In this case a single bit of information. Out of that you see a rude, pompus, egotistical jerk. That's a lot more than the one bit of information that came from Dalyrmple. So where did that extra information come from? Clearly from you. It reflects your perspective opintions and way of thinkning about the world. E.g., I think to myself: what kind of person starts hurling insults at a stranger with no provocation? When a person sees something neutral as pompus and egotisical won't the reverse (yet similarily charged) terms show how they see themselves in relation to the world in general?

Born Again

macrumors 601
May 12, 2011
Norcal
These two examples are in no way analogous. Dalrymple and Misek are neither coworkers, nor interact directly on a day-to-day basis.

Misek is known to talk out of his ass a lot. In the past year and a half, he's predicted the launch of an "Apple Television" as many as six times. Jim is well within his right to put him in his place. If Misek wants more respect, he should seriously up his accuracy record, especially on the topic where he had 5 misses in a row.

And, believe me, if one of your coworkers was spewing bulls**t all day, you'd resort to minimal form of communication as well :D

Ill buy that.

How about a hello?

hello. Nope.

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
LOL Good reporters don't reveal their sources. :)

Oh, so you're a reporter? Very interesting. Well, good reporters also build credibility though a history of accurate and ehtical reporting. Can you point me to some of your published articles?

ShawnKing

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2007
Vancouver, BC
Oh, so you're a reporter? Very interesting. Well, good reporters also build credibility though a history of accurate and ehtical reporting. Can you point me to some of your published articles?
LOL We both know you have no real interest in any of that information. You're just trying to score cheap points. I've been doing this a long time and troll questions like yours are really easy to spot.

You're going to have to work quite a bit harder to draw me in. :)

BTW, "good reporters" know how to spell "ehtical". :)

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
LOL We both know you have no real interest in any of that information. You're just trying to score cheap points. I've been doing this a long time and troll questions like yours are really easy to spot.

You're going to have to work quite a bit harder to draw me in. :)

BTW, "good reporters" know how to spell "ehtical". :)

No, I am interested. You're claiming some interesting inside knowledge so it's pretty critical to be able to judge your credibility. Are you just another random MacRumors "newb" making wild claims, or do you have some actual, real info? Due to his accuracy, Dalyrmple's sources are probably quite interesting to almost everyone who visits a site called MacRumors.com! It's fine if you can't or don't want to demonstrate any credibility. Personally, I'm going to assume you are just a newb making wild claims. Others, of course, can make other judgements.

BTW, It's not I that have made claim to being a good reporter. However, many good reporters don't know how to spell anythign; their editors do! ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.