Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bstpierre

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2008
May I ask what you use it for? I am on there myself, but have found it to be of little value. It seems like an online resume for most people to me.

I found my current job because of LinkedIn. I received a status update that a friend of mine had changed jobs. I called him up to see what was going on. We met and discussed the company and what I could do for them and eventually got the job. Was so happy to leave my previous job.

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
They aren't paying full price for an order of that size.

Probably not. But say they are getting 20% off. That's still $136 difference per unit on the 32GB models. Taken out over their work force that's still $476k.

Akarin

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2011
Nyon, Switzerland
That's a +1 MIO $ publicity stunt... Interesting as it got quite covered by the press. Meh, when I offer a day off to performing employees, nobody talks about it.

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
Wow that's really cool to treat your employees well. I haven't had a raise from my company in 8 years let alone a present or a party.

You're lucky. I was made redundant last year. They then promptly readvertised my job (Clue: that's illegal) while trying to butter me up by inviting me to reapply. Guess what - the person they hired after me quit after 2 months on the job. Now they're looking for replacement number 3 while I'm happily doing my own thing and getting some recognition for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.