Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lamnguyen

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2013
I have a mid 2012 macbookpro 13inch.
i was able to access the hard drive using my pc but i couldnt find the .lock files.
is there any other way to find these files cause i did the full hard drive search and didnt see anything.
or is there any other solution for this issue?
thank you

torontomac

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2011
here is the device

it is battery operated

they are currently selling the device for $50

$250 for 5 unlocks then the price drops to $400 for 10 unlocks

They seem to have built a counter in to device to know how many credits you have left im going to try to dump what ever I can out of it its seems to me it has all model firmwares stored on the device

I personally dont own the device but will order one to reverse engineer it

I will post updates as soon as I get the unit

Attached are pictures and the instruction manual that comes with the unit

Attachments

• USER GUIDE-1.pdf
    357.1 KB · Views: 2,316
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,913
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,956
  • Screen shot 2013-02-04 at 9.18.00 PM.png
    Screen shot 2013-02-04 at 9.18.00 PM.png
    443.3 KB · Views: 1,574

ExciteWalk

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2012
@torontomac, shouldn't be too hard, right? :cool:
Though it does kinda feel like stealing.. :p

Wheeliest

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2013
below is the correct way to remove the firmware password, i have the scbo file, i am not aware if the scbo is unique to each machine and password. i can provide my scbo file to whom ever to help figure out how to bypass apples security. also, if you send me a pm i can get you the correct scbo file for you machine, just send me a pm.

Format a Flash drive GUID partition scheme and Mac OS Extended format. Name it Firmware.
Drag the binary file named “SCBO” to your Desktop.
Open Terminal.
Execute this command in Terminal:
cp ~/Desktop/SCBO /Volumes/Firmware/.SCBO
You should get a new line, no errors.
cp ~/Desktop/SCBO /Volumes/Firmware/._SCBO
Eject the Flash drive.
Turn off the customer’s computer.
Insert the Flash drive into the customer’s computer.
Turn on the customer’s computer while pressing and holding the Option key.
You should see the lock symbol for a moment, and then the computer should restart to the Startup Manager.
If you still see a four-digit passcode lock after these steps at startup, reset the NVRAM by holding down Command-Option-P-R while restarting the computer.
The EFI password is now removed.

Reactions: CKJakeC and nZ0Mo

J602

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
Wheeliest Thanx for info :D !! I am not able to private message you ?? I would be so greatful if ya could hit me up @ jcdws602@aol.com much appreciated

Macbook pro late 2011 model A1286

naBs

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2013
below is the correct way to remove the firmware password, i have the scbo file, i am not aware if the scbo is unique to each machine and password. i can provide my scbo file to whom ever to help figure out how to bypass apples security. also, if you send me a pm i can get you the correct scbo file for you machine, just send me a pm.

I don't think anyone is able to PM you as I can't either! Anyway if you need my SCBO code please let me know, I don't know how to get the file, maybe you could give us instructions or something here as it would be of great help so that not everyone has to get you to do it. But seeing as you're the only one at the moment, I would appreciate the help!

I've got a Macbook Air mid 2011 model 13"

Also hit me up on this email sniperwolf_leb@live.co.uk (my gaming email :rolleyes:)
Thanks dude, look forward to hearing from you :)

wbeard6142

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2013
Cant PM....Please Email me

Format a Flash drive GUID partition scheme and Mac OS Extended format. Name it Firmware.
Open Terminal.
Eject the Flash drive.
You should see the lock symbol for a moment, and then the computer should restart to the Startup Manager.
If you still see a four-digit passcode lock after these steps at startup, reset the NVRAM by holding down Command-Option-P-R while restarting the computer.

Hey Wheeliest...I can not send PM, but please email me. I need help with this giggthis@gmail.com
Thank you so much

torontomac

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2011

Open Terminal.
Eject the Flash drive.

You have for your machine or altered for all machines

For the MacBook Air (Late 2010) and later, MacBook Pro (Early 2011) and later, iMac (Mid 2011) and later, and Mac mini (Mid 2011):

Use the new Firmware Password Reset scheme:

Start up the computer to the password entry screen by pressing and holding the Option key.
Press the key sequence Shift + Control + Command + Option + S at this screen. A one-time use "Hash" code will appear. The code is case-sensitive, so provide TSPS with the Hash exactly as it appears on the customer's screen.
Shut down the customer's computer.
Contact TSPS via chat. Select Yes for the pre-chat question regarding firmware reset and provide the Hash to the advisor assisting you.
TSPS will provide a signed binary file to be copied to a USB storage device (such as a flash formatted FAT or a USB hard drive with Mac OS Extended with GUID partition table).
Insert the drive into the computer while it is off.
Start up the computer while pressing and holding the Option key. Continue holding the Option key until the boot picker in EFI appears and confirm the password has been removed.
Note: If the computer does not start up without the password prompt after following these steps and while you are holding down the Option key, either the Hash was provided incorrectly to TSPS or the file did not read off the drive successfully. The file may have been read correctly but confirmed it does not belong in the computer. Work with TSPS to troubleshoot these issues if necessary.
This process is completely non-destructive to data or settings on the target computer.

Note: If a customer has multiple computers with this issue, TSPS can handle up to 500 in one file. To escalate multiple computers, follow the steps above with the following additional step:

Provide all the Hash keys in a new-line delimited text file (not RTF, but pure plain text) with no new line at the end. These files can be produced in TextEdit on Mac OS X, or files with multiple entries using vim on the command line.
For example:
V400300C1231MED144431A4F414420DDE5F1
C455300Z555ABJ1118713148F413390ACE341
C891200J18334D1099A3B6DD004E3F1A0122
(No new line after the last entry.)

After you receive the signed binary file from TSPS, use this procedure to reset the EFI firmware password

Drag the binary file named "SCBO" to your Desktop.
Open Terminal.
cp ~ / Desktop / SCBO / Volumes / Firmware / .SCBO
cp ~ / Desktop / SCBO / Volumes / Firmware / ._SCBO
Eject the Flash drive.
Turn off the customer's computer.
Insert the Flash drive into the customer's computer.
Turn on the customer's computer while pressing and holding the Option key.
If you still see a four-digit passcode lock after these steps at startup, reset the NVRAM by holding down Command-Option-PR while restarting the computer.

naBs

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2013
Contact TSPS via chat. Select Yes for the pre-chat question regarding firmware reset and provide the Hash to the advisor assisting you.
TSPS will provide a signed binary file to be copied to a USB storage device (such as a flash formatted FAT or a USB hard drive with Mac OS Extended with GUID partition table).

I can't seem to find a way to contact them via chat, would anyone mind providing me with a link or will I have to resort to ringing them instead + would they still be able to send me the binary file if I ring them?

Thanks

evlloyd

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2013

Im like the others mate, cant PM .

evlloydphotography@gmail.com, its a late 2010 macbook pro

Cheers

naBs

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2013
Just out of curiosity, has anyone received an email or heard back from Wheeliest? So far I've been going through with the 'Brute force' technique until I can get my hands on a SCBO file ^^

bora2007

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2013
here is the device

it is battery operated

they are currently selling the device for $50

$250 for 5 unlocks then the price drops to $400 for 10 unlocks

They seem to have built a counter in to device to know how many credits you have left im going to try to dump what ever I can out of it its seems to me it has all model firmwares stored on the device

I personally dont own the device but will order one to reverse engineer it

I will post updates as soon as I get the unit

Attached are pictures and the instruction manual that comes with the unit

Hi Torontomac,

Can you provide the link or the place where you did see or to get this device ?

thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.