Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
I bought Auxo today. I think the way it shows open apps is cool but don't see myself using it to replace sbsettings. They are missing a lot of toggles that I use. Nice app for sure but not a game changer for me. Maybe ill dig it more as I use it more.

I don't use the toggles..use sbsettings too lol still like the swipe down to close and previews.

ominx

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
From a UI standpoint, toggles in the switcher makes much more sense to me... which is why I love Auxo. The NC is meant for notifications and info, not an app launcher or settings toggles.
All my push info is up top and all apps/settings are on the bottom.

headcase

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2007
Raleigh, NC
From a UI standpoint, toggles in the switcher makes much more sense to me... which is why I love Auxo. The NC is meant for notifications and info, not an app launcher or settings toggles.
All my push info is up top and all apps/settings are on the bottom.

+1 My thoughts exactly... which is why I transitioned from SBSettings that served me well for so long, to Auxo.

----------

I liked this app but as soon as I installed it I lost the ability to use my Bluetooth. Ended up having to restore my phone

Hmm... perhaps a conflict with another tweak you've installed?

dhy8386

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
I don't use the toggles..use sbsettings too lol still like the swipe down to close and previews.

If what we are all after is improving the usability with some eye candy thrown in, I am not sure i understand why we combined the NC/SBS type settings in the app switcher. The app switcher obviously if for switching to apps quickly. To do this, ideally you show as many recent apps at one time - with one gesture/click. Similarly, the whole reason for SBS/NC settings is to more quickly access fav settings. This fits best in the NC (or even as a widget if you like that) or some other hidden panel accessible with one gesture/click. Minimal space requirements. That way, with one gesture for AS and one gesture for NC, you have the most optimized access to both. I thought Auxo was great but why am I going to swipe three times to get to settings when I can access them right from the NC/other.

I know this is personal preference this is just what makes the most sense to me.

headcase

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2007
Raleigh, NC
If what we are all after is improving the usability with some eye candy thrown in, I am not sure i understand why we combined the NC/SBS type settings in the app switcher. The app switcher obviously if for switching to apps quickly. To do this, ideally you show as many recent apps at one time - with one gesture/click. Similarly, the whole reason for SBS/NC settings is to more quickly access fav settings. This fits best in the NC (or even as a widget if you like that) or some other hidden panel accessible with one gesture/click. Minimal space requirements. That way, with one gesture for AS and one gesture for NC, you have the most optimized access to both. I thought Auxo was great but why am I going to swipe three times to get to settings when I can access them right from the NC/other.

I know this is personal preference this is just what makes the most sense to me.

As an FYI, I use the Activator option to bring up the toggles first under Auxo, as opposed to the app switcher. Basically its like SBSettings for the bottom of the screen. I prefer that, since it closer for my thumb to change toggles. And all in one gesture. ;-)

dhy8386

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
As an FYI, I use the Activator option to bring up the toggles first under Auxo, as opposed to the app switcher. Basically its like SBSettings for the bottom of the screen. I prefer that, since it closer for my thumb to change toggles. And all in one gesture. ;-)

Sure. But then what do you do about app switcher? Just swipe twice?

headcase

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Sure. But then what do you do about app switcher? Just swipe twice?

Correct. In other words, if you want the app switcher to come up first, use the default settings in Auxo, and if you prefer the toggles to come up first, use the Activator option in Auxo. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.