Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mib1800

Suspended
Sep 16, 2012
however i left for iOS because of the poor reliability of the android OS that i have experienced over time. if complacency is going to be the downfall of iOS, instability will be the downfall of Android.

if you have use a recent android from s2 onwards you wouldn't have said this.

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
as much as there are defectors leaving for android, there are a lot of those defectors leaving android for iOS. as a 4 year android user, i can see why apple is slow to adapt things. because as much as it looks like they are behind, they are actually waiting for the piece of technology to mature or gains widespread support i guess. this can be only said for NFC capabilities. it doesn't work well and comes off as gimmicky at the current moment. many of the features on android are cool though. however i left for iOS because of the poor reliability of the android OS that i have experienced over time. if complacency is going to be the downfall of iOS, instability will be the downfall of Android.
Yes like, ahem, Passbook.

Meanwhile NFC works. Unlike Siri and iOS maps.

Keep dreaming about the "fall of Android." <chuckle>

Michael

Essenar

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2008
I heard the S4 is going to render 3D faster than Mac Pro's, run apps inside of apps already running inside of apps, have 7G data speed, a 7.65" screen, 256GB of SSD storage and a camera flash that shoots out defensive fireballs.

Seriously who cares? People will still buy a ton of iPhone 5's and then the iPhone 5S will come out, which will (coincidentally) have a dual core processor that out performs Samsung's hexa-core or whatever processor we're at, at that point, half the ram of the Samsung device and still be snappier and open apps faster and will only have a 4 or 4.5" screen and still sell a lot.

Samsung jumped Apple last year because the 4S was a toc release. I think Samsung safely broke the tic/toc cycle because there's no way Apple wants to lose that much market share again.

If anything, Apple owners have a lot to be thankful for with Samsung effectively killing the tic/toc cycle.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England

Michael

Siri works really well for me, almost flawlessly. iOS Maps are abysmal. It's been relegated to my last home screen and Gmaps has taken its' place at the front :D

grkm3

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2013
Samsung is finally the number 1 world market cell phone maker,they have sold over 60 million gs3s and are predicting to sell 100 million gs4s now that the momentum is built up.

How many iphone 5 commercials did you see on the super bowl?I cant remember watching a single one and Samsung now has the media buzz its been going after and will sell a crap load of gs4s.Heck they will out sell ever single other android cell maker combined if they hit there predictions.

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
With rumours of a 5 inch screen, 1080 screen...13' camera..do you think there will be more features to keep up with the galaxy comp?

I think apple is concerned, but not because of specs. The s3 sold something like 30+ million. Apple is a business and about selling products and the more of a competitors product that sells, leaves less people to buy their product. Especially with the fact that each successor has sold better than the last for samsung apple IMO is at least going to want to have a product that can have something to try and sway users who may be on the fence as to why they should buy the apple product and not the samsung s4 or whatever other phone.

TBN27

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2013
New York, NY

Michael

NFC didn't work for me. i couldn't transfer photos and barely tranfer web pages. it sucks. the whole operating system (android 4.0) was crap for me because it couldn't stop freezing. lastly. i never dream of the fall of android. i am just stating the fact that the OS adoption is a two way street. there are people going to android because they are "tired of iOS" and there are people that are going to iOS because they are "tired of Android crapping out" iHaters need to just chill.

----------

if you have use a recent android from s2 onwards you wouldn't have said this.

FYI, i had a Galaxy S2 and it happened again and again and again after my android 4.0 update. i gave it away and who i gave it too has the problems i had. 4th and last android phone for me.

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
NFC didn't work for me. i couldn't transfer photos and barely tranfer web pages. it sucks. the whole operating system (android 4.0) was crap for me because it couldn't stop freezing. lastly. i never dream of the fall of android. i am just stating the fact that the OS adoption is a two way street. there are people going to android because they are "tired of iOS" and there are people that are going to iOS because they are "tired of Android crapping out" iHaters need to just chill.
If it is a two-way street it has one lane for the iPhone and three for Android. Android is clearly gaining world-wide and there is no escaping that.

No idea why you had troubles but to me it sounds out-dated. I have never had lag on the two Android devices I have owned: Nexus 4 and Note 2. I think that would apply to any current mainstream Android phone.

Michael

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.