Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bollweevil

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2008
The black iPhone 5 is far and away the prettiest iPhone so far.

The iPhone 4 (and 4S) is a distant second.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I like the look of the 4/4S but I think the 5 looks nice too. I haven't had a chance to handle a 5 that's out of the case though. I may or may not prefer it.

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
I don't care what you think. You don't like my opinion, well too bad. Shove it. And your comment is now the dumbest.

Hehe! I love these reactions!^^ take a deep breath and slowly exhale.
But seriously, how can u say the 5 makes the 4 look ugly?? I know everyone is entitled to an opinion, but c'mon...there is not one "fugly" aspect to the 4's design. Its arguably the most beautifully designed device in the (short) history of devices.

akdj

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
62.88°N/-151.28°W
iPhone 4/4s
The iPhone 5 looks and feels like cheap plastic. For that matter, so does the iPad Mini. Even though it is aluminium, the awful anodisation makes it look tacky.

With a name like yours, seems like you'd admire the 'cheap plastic looks and feel(s)' of the iPhone 5/iPad mini...no?

As much as I grew to love my iPhone 4 (I REALLY loved my 3gs and it was hard to leave it), I have already grown to love my white iPhone 5 even more. I particularly adore the glimmering champfers and aluminum juxtaposed with glass. Gorgeous.

Right there with ya. I've been a bit nostalgic with a couple of our 'older' iPhones. I managed to hang on to one of our originals, the iPhone 3 and a 3GS. I'm going to keep 'em. My wife is still enjoying her 4s...I love the '5'. It's an engineering marvel IMHO. Not sure why people like 'plasicphyte' find the design so 'tacky'. It's anything but.

I guess it sure makes you happy that the folks in charge of design are in charge of design!

IMO, Apple has done an incredible job updating the design, keeping it fresh, shaving weight, adding power and continued improvement of the aesthetic bar. Other manufacturers have a long LONG way to go to match the iPhone in any of these factors. iOS itself is subjective. The build quality...objective. It's hand's down the best designed mobile communications device in history. Every iteration of the iPhone trumps the other manufacturers offerings. Nokia has approached the design finesse of Apple...no one else has come close.

J

Gr8fulMac

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2011
The iPhone 5 is clearly the best-looking. And that's not a matter of opinion; it's a fact!!!

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
As the starter of the thread I was trying to gather statistics but you guys have just managed to confuse me.

There is not even a trace of general consensus regarding what I can pick to be topping as the nicest iPhone.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
Each one has its own design cues that makes it great. I honestly couldn't pick but I would say 5 is the best so far. Before the 5, 4 was great because its a major redesign. But as great the 4 is, 5 made it sexier and sleeker. I love both the glass and aluminum myself so I'm torn.

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
As the starter of the thread I was trying to gather statistics but you guys have just managed to confuse me.

There is not even a trace of general consensus regarding what I can pick to be topping as the nicest iPhone.

In hindsight, adding a poll may have helped with this.

Bodhi395

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
This thread really should have a poll.

My fav is the iPhone 4. I loved my iPhone 4 and thought it had the perfect dimensions, weight, and look. I have an iPhone 5 now, but feel its slightly too tall and light. The aluminum on the back of my iPhone 5 also has worn down so much more quickly than the glass back of the iPhone 4, which looked perfect after two years of use.

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
Have to say IPHONE4 at its time. It was a true marvel of technology and an unbelievable work of design genius.

ste1164

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2009
Even though I have the white model the black iPhone 4 is probably my favorite.

skysailing

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2012
Black & Slate iPhone 5. Beautifully constructed.

display_image.jpg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.