Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
Added 3D buildings including Tokyo Station, Japan Imperial Palace, and Tokyo Tower

Ok so supposedly it adds 3D maps on the cities. So I updated my iphone to ios 6.1.1 and they are NOT in 3D. I couldn't find Japan imperial palace.

It took up to 2 week for some people saw New York in 3D after the update last time round so may be same here

SprSynJn

Sep 15, 2011
Japan

is better I think. It will be nice when they fix the search function for it here. It can't seem to find anything when I ask for it.

Am3r1ca16

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
New York City
It took up to 2 week for some people saw New York in 3D after the update last time round so may be same here

Yeah hopefully. But I though maps updated themselves without it having to be updated with a new firmware.

I'll update my post when i see the 3D cities .

Last edited:

iThat

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2011
I was very saddened but not surprised to see the AW-Open and Cydget suites no longer works 100% on iOS6.1. They must be the most underrated tweaks available.

But very happy to see that SBSettings Airplane Bosspref was actually FIXED with 6.1

Win some loose some i guess. But until atleast cydget comes back its back to iOS 5.1/1.1 for me

Jjaro

macrumors regular
May 29, 2009
Yokosuka, Japan
Well I was joking but truthfully I don't jailbreak my iPhone so I couldn't care less if they did. Also I'm reading a lot that people do illegit things with their iPhones under JB such as downloading stolen software.

Ok cool. Yeah, that's one thing I DON'T do. Is download software illegally. As far as I know though, that has been stemmed a bit, but I'm not exactly sure.

l.w41sh

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2009
Florida
C'mon Apple maps get your ***** together

There is a bug, at least in iOS 6.1, that when you zoom out the map the pin will stay in the same place.
I can make the pin for "Japan" anything...

Attachments

• IMG_0001_2.jpg
    IMG_0001_2.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
There is a bug, at least in iOS 6.1, that when you zoom out the map the pin will stay in the same place.
I can make the pin for "Japan" anything...

The pin stays where it's supposed to on my phone. How do you trigger that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.