Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Retrofire

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2010
www.emiliana.cl/en
I use a Swatch Anticipation. Very thin & light.

My next watch is probably a Citizen watch. Old, japanese precision, anodized stainless steel, solar powered (invisible, up to 180 days), solid construction.

Citizen BM8470-05AE (silver/green)
bm8470-05ae_zpsebbc9676.jpg

or a
Citizen BM8476-25EE (black/black)
bm8476-25ee_zps7061d188.jpg

or a
Citizen BM8475-00F (black/black):
BM8475-00F_fullsize_zps8388954c.png

The choice is difficult. :mad:

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
I like the black/black version the most, It should not be too difficult to read
500232d1314306266-new-stealth-citizen-bm8475-00f-photo.jpg

I really want an SNDA65 as my next watch. Too expensive right now though.

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here
I got my Seiko 007 today. The rubber strap that came with it was awful so I just threw this random zulu on there. I'll be getting a new one (the correct width) soon.

have worn one of these daily for over a decade. It has deployed with me to Afghanistan 3 times, it as gone to Belize for both jungle warfare training and diving, it's gone thre times through the grinder that is NTC, it's played at 6 times at Fort Polk, and is Airborne qualified. I dove with it in Mexico, Belize, Egypt, Turkey, and Spain.

Two years ago it went in for a cleaning and it gets a band about once a year. This watch is a part of me and simply the best most dependable object I've ever bought.

Attachments

• Seiko 2.jpg
    Seiko 2.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 189

jwingfie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2008
Athens, GA
have worn one of these daily for over a decade. It has deployed with me to Afghanistan 3 times, it as gone to Belize for both jungle warfare training and diving, it's gone thre times through the grinder that is NTC, it's played at 6 times at Fort Polk, and is Airborne qualified. I dove with it in Mexico, Belize, Egypt, Turkey, and Spain.

Two years ago it went in for a cleaning and it gets a band about once a year. This watch is a part of me and simply the best most dependable object I've ever bought.

Good to hear. I love mine and hope to be wearing it for as long as you have!

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here
Good to hear. I love mine and hope to be wearing it for as long as you have!

Sorry man, I just really like my $260 at that time watch..

I have a buddy whose a retired MP whose had his in daily wear for 16 years. His family owns a hotel and dive company in Trinidad.

Well kept secret

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009

Wow!! That's awesome :) Cool to see what all of those things made the watch look like today. I bet it keeps great time still.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Going to look at new watches today, have two in mind:

Casio Edifice ECW-M300EDB-1AER
pic.php

or

Casio Edifice EQW-M710DB-1A1ER
casio-eqw-m710db-1a1_22993_1_big.jpg

to replace my Casio WVA-210. Any suggestions? The first has a digital display that can show day, digital time, seconds and date, however has no second hand and is more expensive.

The second one has a second hand, shows day and date, is cheaper, but has no digital time.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Going to look at new watches today, have two in mind:

Casio Edifice ECW-M300EDB-1AER

or

Casio Edifice EQW-M710DB-1A1ER

to replace my Casio WVA-210. Any suggestions? The first has a digital display that can show day, digital time, seconds and date, however has no second hand and is more expensive.

The second one has a second hand, shows day and date, is cheaper, but has no digital time.

I like the second one better. Not really a fan of anadigital watches.

I still can't get this watch to get the dates right

Remember there are 24 hours in a day but only 12 hours on the dial. So the hands move twice on the dial between each date flip. So you're just in the middle of that "process" and need to move the clock until the date flips. Then set the time (remember to go only around once if setting in the AM or to go a second round in the PM). Then adjust the date.

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
Here's my current timepiece lineup.

1Phlr8z.jpg

I usually wear the black one to work on a normal day, the Citizen on a Friday, when I'm in my better suit and the others are dress ones.

The Nike Fuelband.. well, obviously, when I'm doing exercise.

mac26

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2011
Here's my current timepiece lineup.

I usually wear the black one to work on a normal day, the Citizen on a Friday, when I'm in my better suit and the others are dress ones.

The Nike Fuelband.. well, obviously, when I'm doing exercise.

I really like the black one, link? Thanks! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.