Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
It would be interesting to see if the productivity of the top 50 posters carries into the real world, outside of MR. Are they some of the most prolific writers? Or highly productive workers? I have no idea. In any case, while I don't post much, I enjoy reading various posts here on MR and recognize a number of the top 50 posters. To you, dear gals and guys, goes our thanks for keeping us informed and entertained!

I only just found this thread! Had no ****ing clue I was in the top 50, let alone number 17.

I guess that's because I work a lot from my computer on big projects. That involves leaving the computer to do a chunk of processing and I get a few minutes to myself, or I'm waiting on others. I work by myself so I reckon that plays a big part. On days when I'm not alone I vanish completely from the internets.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
I see I've already managed to mess up Doctor Q's predictions for 6 months and EOT.

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
MR sure is a different forum from the one I joined back in late '06. I'm not in the top tier of oldest members around, but I do remember when a lot of these now inactive posters were very much up and coming, making a big name for themselves. These days, they've all but disappeared. Even more so whom were not in the "Top 50", but still very well known and loved, have come and gone in my time here. It's sad, even though I didn't know these posters on a personal level, their influence and legacy left behind still kinda tugs at the heartstrings. Being a member here since the tender age of 13, these forums have raised me in a way, and y'all are near family to me. :)

Bah, nostalgic and self-indulgent ramblings aside, congrats to the diligent and hard-posting members that have made it up there and to those who continue to keep it up, somehow. :D

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
It's sad, even though I didn't know these posters on a personal level, their influence and legacy left behind still kinda tugs at the heartstrings. Being a member here since the tender age of 13, these forums have raised me in a way, and y'all are near family to me. :)

Hey, Missy C. Don't be sad and don't you think for one minute that you've been forgotten. After all, someone's still gotta fly the PowerPC flag. :)

For some, all good things must come to an end, but many of the people you probably miss are on the Twitter machine. Look for them out there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.