Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajcadoo

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2011
San Diego, CA
3pmbvw.jpg

james92se

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Dallas, TX
IBlacklist cydia it's a paid app!

another vote for iblacklist. it's what I use too.

I used iBlacklist for a previous breakup. It worked like a charm, or wait, charms don't work, so it worked better than a charm :)

She got to vent the heat off the slow way (that damned cheating b!tch), and I got peace and quite, and sleep!!

Ditto on all of these. iBlacklist works great. But it's a double edged sword, because if said ex is nuts (and what hot chick isn't in this situation), then it only serves to enrage them. In which case you better hope they don't have your work number or any of your friends' or family members' numbers ;)

JummpyXMPP

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2013
My ex wont leave me alone and shes in a

File a police report. With terrestrial providers there is a star code to flag harassing calls. I am not aware of similar with mobile. Turn it your montly call logs [redacted] of continued calls. Optionally seek a restraining order. Have copies of threatening voicemails ready to play in court

BE AWARE: malicious persons can seek counter restraining order. proximate effect: you might not be able to purchase additional weapons; your second amendment rights might be diminished, including ability to secure a concealed carry permit.

Browns2212

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
Orchard Park, NY
I would use that iBlacklist app AND I would call the police. At least call the police and "report" the problem. That way if things get worse, you will have a record of incidents, etc that would help out if it ever got to a court situation. Believe me, my wife and I have had several "incidents" with some really crappy neighbors in our development. The cops have been called several times and they actually told us to call everytime something happens so that a "record" or "pattern" can be developed. Again, if it ever gets to out of control there is a string of events and such that you would have in your favor.

Telephone Harassment is a pretty serious thing.

Obscene or harassing phone calls are an unwelcome intrusion on your privacy and can be a frightening experience. The Federal Communications Act and many state laws prohibit telephone harassment.

When Does a Phone Call Rise to the Level of Harassment?
Telephone harassment occurs when someone intends to annoy, harass or threaten you by:

•Making a telephone continually ring
•Making lewd, indecent, or obscene comments, suggestions or requests over the telephone
•Making a telephone call where the caller does not identify himself
•Making repeated telephone calls where the conversation consists only of harassment
•Making a telephone call and using heavy breathing or silence with an intent to intimidate
Just one unwelcome call can be harassing, though a single misdial or "wrong number" call may not rise to the level of harassment. It's a good idea to tell the recipient of such a call that you accidentally misdialed their number. People who commit telephone harassment are subject to fines, prison or both. In many states, telephone harassment is a criminal misdemeanor and can be more serious when a defendant in a criminal case is harassing the victim.

What Other Factors Should I Consider?
•The timing the calls, i.e. calls made in the middle of the night are more likely to be harassing
•The frequency of the calls
•Whether the calls include threats to injure or kidnap
•Whether the calls include lewd or obscene language
Are There any Exceptions?
Telephone calls arising out of family disputes, political squabbles and business matters are less likely to be made into criminal matters. A restraining order might be a more appropriate remedy in these situations.

What Should I Do if I Am Receiving Harassing Phone Calls?
If you are a victim of harassment, you should contact the police. You should make a note of the gender of the caller, the description of the caller's voice, the time and date of the call(s), what was said in the call(s), and an estimate of the caller's age. If the police can identify the caller and find sufficient evidence, they will forward the case to the District Attorney's office to prosecute the caller.

Your phone company might be able to assist by tracking down the caller. Phone companies have different policies on the course of action to take when a customer reports that they are receiving harassing phone calls. You should contact the business office of your phone company to find out its policy.

You should contact a lawyer to help determine if the caller's words or actions are obscene or otherwise unlawful. A lawyer can also tell you if you may be entitled to any civil damages for emotional distress.

If you receive a harassing phone call, don't engage in a conversation with the caller or divulge any personal information. Sometimes the caller is seeking a response from you, and not giving a response to the caller can discourage future harassing calls.

http://communications-media.lawyers.com/telecommunications-law/Telephone-Harassment.html

dma550

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2009
CT
I tried, AT&T won't block a number. I have this guy from Ohio (I'm in CT) call me 2x a day "Zeke, it's Glen - I'm outside, let me in" - lol. I even called him back 2-3 times saying he is calling the wrong number. He still does it. I added him as a contact ("***** from Ohio" is his name) and set his ringer to nothing.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
Absolutely not change ur number... Post her number on every forum hahaha karma is a b1tch

Mrfatboy

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2008
If you had google voice you would not have this problem. You could even route her call to a custom message when she calls. "Hey crazy b!$ch, stop calling me" lol. However, GV won't protect your bunny from getting boiled. ;)

adam044

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
My ex wont leave me alone and shes in a bad area with connections and crap and I want to just block her from my life! I'm happy with my current girlfriend and I wanna know how to block her number. I'm on an iPhone 4 that is Jailbroken on 5.1.1

She want's the D. Sorry I had to :cool:

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
LOL oh man is from June last year 2012. I hope by now the harassment has stopped, or either OP changed his number.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
My ex wont leave me alone and shes in a bad area with connections and crap and I want to just block her from my life! I'm happy with my current girlfriend and I wanna know how to block her number. I'm on an iPhone 4 that is Jailbroken on 5.1.1

Theres a app on the App Store called Youmail Visual Voicemail, you can block her number there

Fatalbert

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2013
You can do what I do for all spammers: Leave Do Not Disturb mode on constantly with it blocking calls from people not in my contacts. Then remove her from your contacts.

Or get the phone company to block the number. That's doable.

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
You can generally have a blacklist of numbers for the carrier you're on... usually via their website. Takes two seconds on Verizon... no idea for other carriers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.