Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shinkirou

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
When I try to find "Applications," it won't show up. It shows a folder "Applications-Macintosh SSD," not the original one that shows up. I tried re-indexing as well, but that didn't work. Any ideas?

Edit: Here's a screen shot!
ScreenShot2013-02-17at110953PM.png

Nov 28, 2010
located
When I try to find "Applications," it won't show up. It shows a folder "Applications-Macintosh SSD," not the original one that shows up. I tried re-indexing as well, but that didn't work. Any ideas?

So it does not look like this?
MR2ss_2013_02_18_pA1_SpotlightSearchForApplicationsFolder.png
What happens if you COMMAND click on that "Applications-Macintosh SSD," folder?

EDIT: Did not see your screenshot, and swiftaw is right.

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
That is your applications folder, the "Macintosh SSD" part is telling you it's location because there is more than one Applications folder on your computer (You can see this further down the window where it lists 2 folders called Applications)

shinkirou

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
Thing is, when I tried deleting the other application folder, it came back when I restarted my Mac...Also it doesn't have the image that Applications usually has, which is the "A" (with the pencil, ruler, and paint brush).

Last edited:

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
I have two Folders named Applications, just like you. The first is a top level folder on my Hard Drive and this is where my applications actually are. The second is a folder in ~/Library/Documentation/ which stores documentation for some of Apples iLife apps.

If you only want your actual applications folder to show up in spotlight then go to Spotlight preferences and put ~/Library/Documentation/ in the privacy list.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.