Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
As long as it hasn't been damaged physically it is under warranty Apple will replace it. You need to make an appointment with a "genius" before going to the store. Warranty is based on the serial number and not on the owner. :cool:

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Judging by all the other posts, once u get (finally) your desired color, u will notice the new phone has a microscopic speck under the glass, or there is a little dent that can only be seen at an angle, or the new screen is too "yellow" or u notice the new color scratches easier, and THEN we'll start all over again!

Breaking Good

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2012
So I actually just got a brand new iPhone 5 two days ago due to a faulty lock button and tried to see if I could trade it for a black one in the store but they could not

but after comparing both I'm really starting to like the sleekness of the black iPhone 5. I originally chose the white because I had never owned a white iPhone with my previous ones. but now I'm starting to like the black one

should I search around on Craigslist for a black one and risk having a not as good condition as my new iPhone now? or would you just stick with the white.

I'm really sort of set on the black now though :( what other options are there?

Why don't you buy yourself a black iPad mini instead?

surjavarman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 24, 2007
I always wanted a black one from the start but I went for the white one because of the scuffgate. Big mistake I really prefer the black one. If they only could fix the scuffing

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
so i got another offer this time someone wanting to trade their 64 gig black iPhone 5. they say that the volume down button does not work but that they have a 1 year warranty on it. how can i confirm such? is this likely the case? will i be able to just walk it into apple and get a new iPhone?
Then that person should be able to get it repaired before trying to sell/trade. I would not trust this person. That's just stupid of that guy to try. Or it's stolen already or something.

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
If you are unhappy with the white, then you should go black. But personally, I think the 5 looks so much better in White. I don't think it's worth the trouble. Hold onto to it; the 5S is months away. You should be able to hold off.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
To answer the thread starters question I would have to say 'no I would not'.

I am someone though who changed my mind when the iPhone 5 was first released. I pre-ordered the Black version 32GB and when 'scuff-gate' started gaining momentum and I actually got to compare the different colour versions side by side, I decided I wanted the white one because it looks so much better IMHO. Each to their own though obviously :)

milesjohnson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2012
Well it was only a matter of time before I found someone and I am happily going back to black later today

don't get me wrong white is nice the black is just freaking sexy.

I'll probably end up wanting a white again eventually though. lol.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I have both. My first one was a white one because it's looks cleaner and I had a white 3GS, 4, and 4S. Moving to the white iPhone 5 was the natural thing to do.

Then about a month later I picked up a black iPhone 5 for travel use. After using the black iPhone, I think it looks pretty slick and quite good, even though I've dropped and damaged it a bit, it still looks quite nice. Do I really care about scuffs? No, I don't. Any wear and tear makes my phone unique and I quite like the look it has now (that's not to say I would live with a cracked screen).

So if I was buying my next iPhone, I may pick the black one over the white one.

So I actually just got a brand new iPhone 5 two days ago due to a faulty lock button and tried to see if I could trade it for a black one in the store but they could not

So why don't you return the white one and buy the black one?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.