Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cpitzer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
I am trying to slim down the tech in my house. I do 95% of my work on my MacBook and just don't see the point of keeping the iMac around these days. I know they hold their value well, but I just do not know how to price it.

NOT trying to sell here, just looking for some advice!

Top level specs are here. It has a 1TB HD.

http://www.meepbox.com/temp/imac.jpeg

Thanks so much in advance!

ToomeyND

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2011
I am trying to slim down the tech in my house. I do 95% of my work on my MacBook and just don't see the point of keeping the iMac around these days. I know they hold their value well, but I just do not know how to price it.

NOT trying to sell here, just looking for some advice!

Top level specs are here. It has a 1TB HD.

http://www.meepbox.com/temp/imac.jpeg

Thanks so much in advance!

Others have mentioned Mac2Sell.com, ebay, and craiglist as your best bets to get a price range.

cpitzer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
Others have mentioned Mac2Sell.com, ebay, and craiglist as your best bets to get a price range.

Appreciated, I did some looking on craigslist and ebay but end of the day you don't know what is an honest price. Long time browser on MacRumors so I figured this would be a great place to get some advice.

Thanks for the feedback.

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
Appreciated, I did some looking on craigslist and ebay but end of the day you don't know what is an honest price. Long time browser on MacRumors so I figured this would be a great place to get some advice.

Thanks for the feedback.

eBay completed listing is your best bet - auction style.

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
I would say.....

between $850-1000. Good care of the machine, no cosmetic/functional issues and remaining AppleCare can help in the price.

If selling through an online site, factor in shipping costs/ fees

:):apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.