Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
I posted my thoughts (mostly positive) on my blog.

http://techmusings.me/case-musings-sgpspigen-neo-hybrid-ex-slim

Overall, I am pretty happy with this case even if it is thicker than the Caze. I don't (yet) have the edge slipping problem and hope that remains the case (no pun intended) after a month or two of daily use.

In terms of headphones, I mostly use a Sony Mw500 and I plug my own headphones into it. However, along with the Apple Earpods, the Bose OE2i's just barely fit. I have a pair of Klipsch s4i's that I haven't tried out yet.

khsjsilver

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2012
Princeton, NJ
As for the glass protector technically if it lies flush with the case doesnt it mean its compatible? I would think the only reason they would say its not compatible would be if the case didnt fit with the glass protector

The rubber is designed to go over regular protectors creating a lip of protection. When you have the glass screen protector, the rubber doesn't go over the glass and doesn't provide the lip of protection.

Sure the case fits, but I guess it's a matter of perspective. I think a more descriptive disclosure for how the case works with a glass protector is warranted.

Americano

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2012
I actually prefer that its so slim. One of my gripes with the original was that the rubber lip come up too far. Ive been using it with the glass and no complaints whatever so ever. This is the best case combo!

katai

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2009
Here's the pink one that I installed on my gfs phone.
4y3u9aba.jpg

vamydu9y.jpg

katai

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2009
Wow thats actually a really nice combo (for a girl). Is that the aluminum home button? does it match the pink of the case exactly?

Yes it's the pink aluminum button and matches the case. There's a YouTube video with the same setup.

Gooter

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2008
Chicagoland
Torn between the Slim Armor with Glass.t/.tR --OR-- this case with the Spigen Ultra Crystal Protector on the front and a Ghost Armor case-friendly matte finish on the back.

Just trying to decide between a case or a bumper.

Assuming if I go with the Slim Armor with Glass.t or .tR first, will I be able to switch back to it if I try the Neo Hybrid bumper at some point? I'm guessing I would have to leave the Glass.t on and not take it off if changing cases as I don't think it can be reapplied.

Conversely, if I go with the Neo Hybrid bumper with Ghost Armor back first, can I try the Slim Armor without ruining the GA back?

Thanks

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
How do the buttons feel? Do they feel responsive and clicky?

The buttons are a soft-rubber feel and very responsive. They have a nice "click" to them. Actually the button are one of the reasons I went with the Neo Hybrid over the Caze ThinEdge, which I am a big fan of.

wellok

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
I just got the vivid black one. Here are a couple pics, since I didn't see any others of the iPhone 5 version of this color. I went with the black over the slate because I hated the metal slate plastic on the Linear that I returned.

This seems much tighter on the bottom than the 4S version, but time will tell.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 215
  • 95vOFJH.jpg
    95vOFJH.jpg
    682 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

Gooter

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2008
Chicagoland
Thinking of going with the Neo Hybrid EX Vivid Slim (Dante Red). I typically carry my phone in my front or back pockets.

1. Does this bumper attract dust/lint?

2. Are there any slippage issues when removing the phone from a pocket? Will the bumper slip off the phone?

Thanks

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Thinking of going with the Neo Hybrid EX Vivid Slim (Dante Red). I typically carry my phone in my front or back pockets.

2. Are there any slippage issues when removing the phone from a pocket? Will the bumper slip off the phone?

Thanks

1. I haven't had any issues.
2. Of the month or so I have had the case, I had a "slippage" one time. But otherwise, it's been solid and nothing worth not keeping the case for.

WyM9

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2013
Hello,

My white silicone part is really dirty, and it's becoming more and more yellow.

I tried to clean it with soap, but that's not good enought.

Did Someone have a tip ?

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
After over a month of use, I find that front pocket there's no problems. But back pocket there's sometimes a bit of slippage.

Last edited:

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Hello,

My white silicone part is really dirty, and it's becoming more and more yellow.

I tried to clean it with soap, but that's not good enought.

Did Someone have a tip ?
bleach?

Its porous, characteristic of materials, grime works its way in. I go with black for anything silicon/rubber/etc.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009

Thanks

The bumper doesn't slip off the phone, but it will move around (and I think it will get worse over time).

If you don't have a skin that protects the chamfered edges, I think that dust that gets underneath will rub away at your phone. I'd be careful.

They would have a real winner if the silicone was a little more shock-absorbing, and if the fit was tighter. It's pretty loose on mine.

When you handle the phone, there is a bit of a wiggle occasionally. Kind of annoying considering the price of this thing.

When you take it out of the package you will see how flimsy it is. It looks good once on the phone, but you really just paid $30 for a flimsy piece of plastic and what might as well be a rubber band.

ilikecoupons

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2013
I have taken my case off 4-5 times, and when I went to put the case on my iphone again today, it seems that the plastic part of the case has become looser (by pressing the plastic against the phone you can tell that it is no longer completely snug) on the side with the volume buttons. Is anyone else having problems with this?

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
I have taken my case off 4-5 times, and when I went to put the case on my iphone again today, it seems that the plastic part of the case has become looser (by pressing the plastic against the phone you can tell that it is no longer completely snug) on the side with the volume buttons. Is anyone else having problems with this?

Rubber/plastic stretches and wears with use.

I leave mine on

Americano

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2012
Yeah mine stretched a bit too after switching cases day to day but its nothing too noticeable. A much tighter fit than the original so no slippage for me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.