Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sunaru

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
Your Closet
Okay. Here is what happened. I tried to install Windows 7 on my Mac with Boot Camp. When it restarted, and went to setup, it couldn't find the install.

I read somewhere that when someone was installing Win7 on a laptop, they had to switch the USB ( I was using a USB drive ) to a 2.0 port. I tried to use http://xoneforum.allen-heath.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5294&title=macbook-pro-usb-30-issue-fixed to get USB 2.0 on my iMac.

About a few hours later, I couldn't use my USB drive on my Mac and figured it was because of that. I told myself to change it back to 3.0 later.

Today, when I turned on my Mac, both my Apple keyboard and Apple mouse wouldn't connect to the computer. I then tried to use a USB keyboard and USB mouse, but I figured that because of the USB 2.0 and 3.0 stuff, it wouldn't work.

Now, I'm going crazy. My mom thinks I got a virus because of downloading stuff, and it's nowhere near because of that. PLEASE help me I beg of you guys.

Notes:
1. I don't want to install Windows 7 anymore.
2. I just want my Apple keyboard and Apple mouse to work again. (They are both wireless.)

Last edited:

Texran

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2011
Texas
What happens when you push the option key during startup? Are you trying to start in windows or osx?

Sunaru

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
Your Closet
When I push the option key during startup, it does nothing. I can't boot into windows because I don't even have it installed. So I'm only booting into os x.

Texran

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2011
Texas
Not sure where your tring to install windows to but
Important: Do not use disk utilities not made by Apple to partition the drive before using Boot Camp Assistant. Doing so may erase the disk.
8. If I have more than one hard drive, can I install Microsoft Windows on any drive?
You can use Boot Camp to install Windows on any internal hard drive, but not on an external hard drive.
9. I have a wireless mouse and keyboard, but they don't seem to respond when I try to select a partition or type an account name during Windows installation. What is happening?
The drivers for your wireless mouse and keyboard are not installed yet, so you cannot use them. You need a wired mouse and keyboard to install Windows. When your installation is complete, install the Windows drivers from the CD or USB media that were created when you initially ran the Boot Camp Assistant. This should resume full function of your wireless keyboard and mouse.

Sunaru

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
Your Closet
I'm not sure what you're talking about, but I don't want to install Windows 7. I don't want to install it anymore because it's too confusing. I just want my Apple keyboard and Apple mouse to work again (They're both wireless).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.