Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

millerhifi

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
Los Angeles Ca
They are having sync issues that they are trying to resolve.

Per their tweeter feed:
"We're unfortunately seeing some sync issues right now. trying to root & resolve them ASAP. thx so much for your patience"

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2010
I wouldn't worry, your not missing out on much.

I have iCloud, Gmail and Hotmail accounts.

It only works for Gmail. Now I know what most people do is have all of their mail forwarded to Gmail, but I find that mail often comes through very late this way or sometimes not at all.

Shame because it's actually very good.

Any word on iCloud support coming later? (Or sooner then later).

nomik2

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2010
Do this:

Settings > General > Usage > Show all Apps > Mailbox > Delete App

Then reinstall App from the store.

quietstormSD

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2010
San Diego, CA
They should have made this a paid app at first so the people that really do want to use it, wouldn't have to wait as long to use it.

Kinda fishy how the app is being rolled out.

Kashsystems

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2012
They should have made this a paid app at first so the people that really do want to use it, wouldn't have to wait as long to use it.

Kinda fishy how the app is being rolled out.

Do you understand how the app actually works?

It uses their servers to copy and place your email.

They had over 700,000 people before they released the application. They did not want to be slammed because they had no idea what kind of release was going to happen.

You can not test this kind of scenario so they went the conservative approach.

Instagram and other apps had shutdowns and other problems because of this.

This is the smart way to do it.

Also on the paid app part of things. Their plan is not to have a paid application. They want to sell services with it.

Not sure what services exactly, they talk about collaboration, so maybe some from of email project management.

jwflutterby

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2008
I think I'm going to be bummed when my reservation finally comes up, watching the numbers of people in front of and behind me is a bit addictive. Maybe I'll have to see if there is a US debt app so I can keep watching numbers go flying by LOL

Stalyn

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2012
No draft, label, or spam bottom. Other than that is great, but until them I won't mess with it.

WhackyNinja

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
Kissimmee, FL
I cant wait to get it. I have about 190,000 people infront of me. Im so excited to test this app out with my Gmail. However it wont be in my dock until it get iCloud and Hotmail support. If it just gets Hotmail support..thats ok too c:

stevelam

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2010
used it for a couple of days and then just deleted it. useless to me. features aren't intuitive and didn't improve any sort of workflow for me at all.

ParagJain

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
For google mail, i think google's own app is a wonderful app, very fast and does have the nice feelgood factor;

for iCloud, i am not sure if this app is worth or not... another battery drainer i suppose ...

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
This got such a great press release - was going to fix everything and anything wrong with email as well as cure hunger and create world peace.

Sounds as if it isn't actually the greatest email app going. I don't, personally, like the idea of my email going to their server etc. first. There are enough places today for errors, lost information and hacking. For the moment I'll stick with stock or gmail app.

millerhifi

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
Los Angeles Ca
Haven't been able to get this app to work properly since my reservation came up last wednesday. Very annoying. About to just give up and move on. Not worth the aggravation.

millerhifi

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
Los Angeles Ca
If you have done an iCloud or iTunes back up prior to deleting the app, you can restore that back up and it'll put you back to where you were or you can send them an email and they'll reset your reservation and allow you to get back to the spot you were at.

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
If you have done an iCloud or iTunes back up prior to deleting the app, you can restore that back up and it'll put you back to where you were or you can send them an email and they'll reset your reservation and allow you to get back to the spot you were at.

I will email them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.