Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ArkMCdev

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Hi, MacRumors comunity.

New version ArkMC app will be available very soon!!!
We are improving for you!

mzl.gqttwiol.175x175-75.jpg
qr_itunes.gif

Please take a look at ArkMC DLNA/UPnP application for iPhone and iPod touch.
You can try a Lite version first https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/arkmc-lite-dlna-upnp-media/id640095560

Featuring:
* Very easy to use, straightforward menu to discover, select, and stream all your movies, music, videos and photos
* The only DLNA/UPnP application to stream all your videos from iPhone / iPad to HD TV, MAC, PC, Xbox360, PS3 or any other screen
* Simultaneous streaming of different media files – to different screens – at the same time (multi screen playback)
* Download videos on your iPhone/iPad, and watch them whenever you want – offline
* Integrated powerful ArkMC media player, supporting most of the popular media formats: 3GP, AVI, WMV, ASF, MP4, MKV, MPG/MPEG, TS, M2TS, 3GP, VOB, FLV, MOV, M4V
* Your HD TV can find & display your photo, videos, music stored on your iPhone/iPad (Camera Roll, iTunes, Documents)
* Access your media servers also outside your home network environment – through VPN connection
* Enjoy iPhone stored HD Movies, videos and photos, on your TV or any other screen, without any wires or plugs needed
* Find wireless your favourite media files on MAC, PC, NAS, Media Box, etc and stream it to the screen you like
* Exchange media between any DLNA and UPnP devices (NAS, TV, Xbox360, PS3 etc)
* Playback control of volume, pause, stop, scroll, forward, and backward
* Watch & control movies, photos and video on your iPad or iPhone, even when they are stored on other devices/servers
* And much more to come…

A unique high-end DLNA and UPnP solution, offering you the rich experience to control, stream & enjoy all your media, with just a few taps on your iPhone or iPad. Have fun with your friends and family and stream -to any screen- your favourite movies, videos, music or photos.

To share media files in your home wifi network, ArkMC offers the easiest user interface, with impressive performance and a list of unique features. In a few seconds ArkMC connects a DLNA and UPnP compatible display (TV/PC/TABLET/MOBILE/GAME CONSOLE) or music installations with the media stored on your iPhone/iPad, NAS, Xbox360, PS3, MAC, PC, Tablet, Smartphone, etc. The user interface is straightforward and offers complete control of your media files within your WiFi home network.

For your convenience, we build in the very powerful Ark Media Player – which supports most of the popular formats (3GP, AVI, WMV, ASF, MP4, MKV, MPG/MPEG, TS, M2TS, 3GP, VOB, FLV, MOV, M4V).
You can send media from external devices to your iPhone/iPad and control it at the same time.
Your HD TV can find and display your photos, videos and music stored on your iPhone/iPad (Camera Roll, iTunes, Documents)
Another great feature is the option to discover your media via a VPN connection, so that you have access to all your media when you are traveling, at your friends place or on vacation.

The enthusiastic and motivated R & D team is dedicated to offer its customers the best experience, and will continue to surprise ArkMC users with cool features and performance updates. If you have any suggestions, just drop a line and we will come back to you.

Sharing makes life Beautiful!

Tested media Servers:
- XBMC Media Server
- Windows media Player
- Foobar2000 Media Server
- My Book live
- Playon
- Twonky Media Server

Tested media Players:
- Samsung TVs, Philips TVs, LG TVs, Panasonic TVs, SONY TVs
- XBMX Media renderers
- WD TV Live
- Windows Media Player
- Foobar2000 media renderer
- XBOX360
- PS3

Screenshots:

screenshot1_1.jpg
screenshot2_1.jpg

screenshot3_1.jpg
screenshot4_1.jpg

screenshot5_1.jpg

We are trying to make ArkMC application better and we would appreciate to have your feedback:

e-mail: arkmc(at)arkudadigital.com
Web site: http://www.arkmc.com
iTunes: http://www.itunes.apple.com/us/app/arkmc/id405487397?mt=8
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/arkmcapp
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ark_MC
GooglePlus: https://plus.google.com/+ArkMCPR
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/arkudadigital/arkmc/

Last edited:

Peter78

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2013
Hi, I've been using you app for more than 1 year )

Finally you updated UI, I'm surprised that took so long.

Do you guys have plan to add server for iOS ArkMC? I'm using your app on my Android Tablet as well, and sharing content to other DLNA devices is quite convenient.

ArkMCdev

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Hi, I've been using you app for more than 1 year )

Finally you updated UI, I'm surprised that took so long.

Do you guys have plan to add server for iOS ArkMC? I'm using your app on my Android Tablet as well, and sharing content to other DLNA devices is quite convenient.

Hello, Peter.
Thanks for your comments.
I'm agree with you that server functionality is very interesting for iOS device. We are planning on making that. As soon as it is ready - I will post additional information here on forum.

ArkMCdev

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Will it work with the new HDHomerun Prime's direct streaming capabilities?

It looks like very interesting device. I have checked out HDHomerun Prime is DLNA certified, so it should works with ArkMC.

Can you, please, share your experience if you try it?

----------

Looks interesting, will try it out. Got NAS and Samsung TV.

How does it work with your NAS and TV?

Hunter87

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2013
How does it work with your NAS and TV?

Up to now it works good, I can see list of movies from NAS on iPhone, and watch them on iPhone or TV. I like that I can pause and seek TV playback from iPhone.

Will test it more on week-end.

Peter78

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2013
Hey. I have ArkMC on 2 devices (iP5 and Xoom). Can you plz explain strange situation:
- I start playback on my TV from NAS by Xoom
- then if I send new movie for playback by iP5, TV starting playback of other movie

Is it bag, or I did something wrong?

ArkMCdev

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
It works similar to ordinary remote control - you push 1 - have 1st channel, push 2 - have 2nd channel. The last command is executed.

The same is here. TV get file for playback and starts to play it. Than TV get another file for feedback and starts to play it.

You can manage you media network from iPhone from Xoom, from any DLNA DMC device you want.

ArkMCdev

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Hey. I have ArkMC on 2 devices (iP5 and Xoom). Can you plz explain strange situation:
- I start playback on my TV from NAS by Xoom
- then if I send new movie for playback by iP5, TV starting playback of other movie

Is it bag, or I did something wrong?

It's not a bug.

ArkMCdev

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
It is such a feature of DLNA.
When you use controller (ArkMC) to send media to renderer (TV). It send one media item and wait untill it ends to send another item.

When you use second controller to send something to renderer - it stops playback and start new playback on renderer.

The first renderer interprets this as a signal that playback is finished and it is necessary to send new item! And sends the new one.

That is how it is work. It is not about ArkMC it is about DLNA standard and two controllers.

Peter78

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2013
It is such a feature of DLNA.
When you use controller (ArkMC) to send media to renderer (TV). It send one media item and wait untill it ends to send another item.

When you use second controller to send something to renderer - it stops playback and start new playback on renderer.

The first renderer interprets this as a signal that playback is finished and it is necessary to send new item! And sends the new one.

That is how it is work. It is not about ArkMC it is about DLNA standard and two controllers.

Thank you for the clarification. Just one moment, by saying "The first renderer interprets" you meant controller?

ArkMCdev

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Thank you for the clarification. Just one moment, by saying "The first renderer interprets" you meant controller?

Yes, thanks.
I meant the first controller interpretes response from renderer.

ArkMCdev

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Sometimes it can be hard to get some devices together. But it is not beacause of DLNA it is because some devices and applications have unintended bugs.

That is why there is DLNA certificatoin. When DLNA certification laboratory test devices and applications if it works according to DLNA standards.

And from the other hand it is still much easier to connect devices with DLNA that the other way. And what is more important - you can connect deivces of different manufacturers!

ArkMCdev

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
The only reccomendation is to bye fast router (300 mbit/s n) if you want to strem full HD videos.
Ofcourse it will work even with 100 mbit/s but, the conditions is not always perfect. The fast router will enabe you to have good streaming speed in any place of appartment.

ArkMCdev

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
We are starting to work on new version of application with very interesting functionality.

Spasepok

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2013
Hi.
I've an issue. I have visited my friend. He got Sony Playstation 3, I have connected my iPhone to his home router and I have tried to push some music from his PC to SPS3. But I didn't see his SPS3 in the list of available devices to play media. Though he can access his home PC from the menu of SPS3.

What could be the reason for that?

ArkMCdev

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
The reason of this is that Sony Playstation do not have functionality of Digital Media Renderer, so it can't receive playback from antoher devices and can't be controller remotely.

Spasepok

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2013
The reason of this is that Sony Playstation do not have functionality of Digital Media Renderer, so it can't receive playback from antoher devices and can't be controller remotely.

I see. Thanks. Now I see that you have the list of DLNA classes supported by ArkMC in features list.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.