Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phas3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
Well, today is the start of our(me and the SO) 3 day juice cleanse. First time ever doing something like this.Our main goal for this cleanse is to rid our body of harmful toxins, get it ready for eating healthy food and shed some pounds.

Breakfast:

- 3 carrots
- 2 apples
- 1 tbsp of ginger

I'm so hungry lol! Can't wait for mid morning juice....but I'd rather have bacon...

I thought I would take you guys with me on this three day journey.

Note: just to be clear, this is not a diet. We are not going to go longer than 3 days juicing. This is just a cleanse once the cleanse is over we will be on a strict healthy diet. With maybe one cheat day per week that still abides by the diet.

Last edited:

eric/

Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States
Have you consulted with a physician first before starting this? Fad diets can mess you up pretty bad if you have an underlying health problem that you're unaware of.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
yeah not a fan, but ill gladly read your posts documenting this. Should be interesting. You can do it, only 3 days.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Don't be surprised if this diet has unexpected side effects in the bathroom! Good luck. 4 weeks into my weight loss. Lost 10 lbs so far. Just eating less, eating more healthy and exercising every day.

Zombie Acorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Ive never went on a juice cleanse, but I did find drinking vegetables intersting since I don't usually eat them. Fat, sick and nearly dieing had a great recipe you might want to try

6 kale "leaves"
4 cellery stalks
thumb of fresh ginger
half a lemon
a cucumber
4 apples

first time I drank it I was expecting something nasty, but it actually tastes pretty awesome.

phas3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
Mid morning juice:

- Cucumber
- Pears
- Kale
- Celery
- Lemon
- Mint leaves

this was yummy, better than the the first one. I have some cravings but not as bad...so far.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
Mid morning juice:

- Cucumber
- Pears
- Kale
- Celery
- Lemon
- Mint leaves

this was yummy, better than the the first one. I have some cravings but not as bad...so far.
The pear and apple in the last one probably brings out the flavor. Sounds disgusting...
I wish you luck.

phas3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
Don't be surprised if this diet has unexpected side effects in the bathroom! Good luck. 4 weeks into my weight loss. Lost 10 lbs so far. Just eating less, eating more healthy and exercising every day.

Nice job!

We are doing a whole lifestyle change, this cleanse will get us in the right direction. We are also already on a 3 day per week workout plan. We're not going to become vegetarians or vegans but we are going to be more thoughtful of the foods we put in our body.

fxvisionary

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2013
Consider adding a bit of Cayanne, and/or a habenero pepper.

Well, today is the start of our(me and the SO) 3 day juice cleanse. First time ever doing something like this.Our main goal for this cleanse is to rid our body of harmful toxins, get it ready for eating healthy food and shed some pounds.

Breakfast:

- 3 carrots
- 2 apples
- 1 tbsp of ginger

I'm so hungry lol! Can't wait for mid morning juice....but I'd rather have bacon...

I thought I would take you guys with me on this three day journey.

Note: just to be clear, this is not a diet. We are not going to go longer than 3 days juicing. This is just a cleanse once the cleanse is over we will be on a strict healthy diet. With maybe one cheat day per week that still abides by the diet.

Renzatic

Suspended
By complete accident, I found THE one best way to flush out your digestive tract. It's pretty simple. You don't have to buy any fruits, vegetables, or protein shakes. All it takes is one simple trick, and you'll be clean as a whistle in no time flat.

It's called...

The Intestinal Flu.

It kinda sucks for the first three or four days, what with being delirious from the high fever, various liquids coming out of both ends of you all of a sudden, and constantly having to flush yourself with water to keep from...you know...dying. But once it's done? Damn, son. You'll have lost about 10 pounds, and your insides are about clean enough to eat a sandwich off of.

The Intenstinal Flu is easily the single best diet I've ever been on. I recommend it to all my fat ass friends.

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
The Intenstinal Flu is easily the single best diet I've ever been on. I recommend it to all my fat ass friends.

I'd be interested in trying your diet plan, but my darn fatty self has too strong of an immune system. I was really hoping to trim a few pounds for the summer.

Renzatic

Suspended
I'd be interested in trying your diet plan, but my darn fatty self has too strong of an immune system. I was really hoping to trim a few pounds for the summer.

In your situation, what I suggest you do is hit up the local doctors office during the height of flu season, and find an old lady to make out with. In a couple days, you'll be well on your way to starting your new diet.

Though you need to make sure to check and see what the old lady has before you make out with her. Just FYI. You don't want to end up with rickets or something.

PinoyAko

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2012
That will work but it is not sustainable. Ask yourself, how often can you do this cleanse? What is your goal? Do you jsut need to cleanse? or lose weight?

I lost 50 lbs since July 2012. I started wieghing 231lbs and I now weigh 180 lbs. I still eat like crazy but I exercise everyday (Monday to Saturday). I have a heart rate monitor and I calculate how much calories I have burned on an exercise day. I also make sure that I don't surpass the 2000 calorie limit so I will not gain any weight at all.

I still eat a BigMac!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.