Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

panda bear

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2010
This is my first attempt at customization for Android, since I just got the Nexus 7 this past Sunday.

Here's what I got so far:
Screenshot_2013-01-23-09-07-40.png

Now to try to work out how to get the lock screen to not look like this:
Screenshot_2013-01-23-09-10-03.png

panda bear

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2010
How do like your Nexus 7? I'm thinking about buying one in a month or so.

Welllll I don't have it anymore.

Not because it was bad. I just didn't prefer it over the iPad Mini.

This has been my advice since having both: if watching movies on a 7" screen is somehow more important to you and you're not set on using iTunes to sync your videos across devices, then the Nexus is the go-to, in my opinion.

For everything else (reading, browsing, general use etc), I much prefer the iPad Mini.

It was about 25% the OS, 40% the integration between it and my other Apple products (I couldn't find a way to watch a movie on my Nexus then sync it with iTunes and pick up where I left off on my Apple TV) and 35% the form factor for me.

spriter

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2004
My Note II theme... took me a few hours to get it clean, informative and functional.

Uses Nova, UCCW, Eye in sky, Missed It!, Simple calendar, Tersus icon theme (for app page).

maindgo.jpg

appsq.jpg

sk1wbw

Suspended
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
Welllll I don't have it anymore.

Not because it was bad. I just didn't prefer it over the iPad Mini.

This has been my advice since having both: if watching movies on a 7" screen is somehow more important to you and you're not set on using iTunes to sync your videos across devices, then the Nexus is the go-to, in my opinion.

For everything else (reading, browsing, general use etc), I much prefer the iPad Mini.

It was about 25% the OS, 40% the integration between it and my other Apple products (I couldn't find a way to watch a movie on my Nexus then sync it with iTunes and pick up where I left off on my Apple TV) and 35% the form factor for me.

I just ordered one. I ordered the 32 gig version. Looking forward to playing around with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.